Great recent r&b gems

robin

Tim F said:
I really like La Toya's "All Eyez On Me".

jesus christ this is some tune!
fair play tim,on point as ever,i havent heard of this before
just heard it on the radio and figured out what it is through google,its fairly incredible sounding...
its incredibly dense sounding,anyone know who produced it?
anyway,if anyone hasnt heard it its well worth a download...

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
I've only heard "Crazy" so far but the forthcoming Gnarls Barkley (Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse) album sounds like its going to be great ..

petergunn

plywood violin
gumdrops said:
i really like the new beyonce 'check on it' single. It's better without slim thug on it though....

yeah i've been caning this for the last 2 weeks... Bun B is pretty great on it... Slim Thug is on there for like 10 seconds....

craner

Beast of Burden
I'll put in another vote for Chris Brown 'Yo (Excuse Me Miss)'

it's my favorite. Is it going to be a single? I really don't want to have to get the whole album.

jd_

oliver craner said:
I'll put in another vote for Chris Brown 'Yo (Excuse Me Miss)'

it's my favorite. Is it going to be a single? I really don't want to have to get the whole album.

Yeah I think it's a single now. I heard it play on the radio on the weekend.

DavidD

can't be stopped
Emphasizing some Anthony Hamilton luv - Lupe Fiasco's rap over "Coming Where I'm From" hammers home how rap-friendly these seemingly overly organic tracks are.

DavidD

can't be stopped
Bumping this in case Tim is still avoiding Anthony Hamilton - I noticed Spizzazzz listed an Anthony Hamilton song in their list of tracks, although it is the only psuedo-jamaican one on the LP.

hint

party record with a siren
Nelly Furtado - "Promiscuous Girl"

b o n k e r s

Timbaland on the pots and pans

sicksteen

Yeah, I understand about Tell Me, the production is amazing. Those dramatic violins make it sound like its from a major epic motion picture. Its really eastern flavoured and reminds me of living in Korea and Thailand, anyway enuff about that.

Rico Love & Usher - Sweat - Is a hot track

borderpolice

hint said:
Nelly Furtado - "Promiscuous Girl"

b o n k e r s

Timbaland on the pots and pans

i love that track, but blimey, doesn't nelly try to sound like the lead singer of "my humps" (in the chorus she falls back into a more conventional vocal register)? the production of the song is quite white mainstream -- less RnB than one would expect from the tim, but maybe he just put finishing touches on somebody else's songwriting, who knows?.

"I want you on my team. So does everybody else."

Last edited: