craner

Beast of Burden
Bottle of J & B for any weirdo who 1. can name this glorious piece of trash and 2. has sat through the whole gruesome, alluring episode. Clues:

sado4.jpg

sado2.jpg

sado11.jpg

sado9.jpg

sado_3.jpg

Yeah, I know. Like Owen Wilson in The Royal Tenenbaums, I need help.

Lowering the tone quite effectively.

Last edited:

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Bottle of J & B for any weirdo who 1. can name this glorious piece of trash and 2. has sat through the whole gruesome, alluring episode. Clues:

sado4.jpg

sado2.jpg

sado11.jpg

sado9.jpg

sado_3.jpg

Yeah, I know. Like Owen Wilson in The Royal Tenenbaums, I need help.

Lowering the tone quite effectively.

Sadomania by Jess Franco!!

I been on an Uncle Jess kick of late..you should really check out Succubus and Venus in Furs, and Macumba Sexual is pretty groovy!

craner

Beast of Burden
Well done, Buick. I'm sorry but I drank all the J&B.

Sadomania could be the perfect Jess Franco title - says everything in a condensed form. Though I do have a soft spot for Eugenie...the Story of Her Journey into Pervesion. Which is a good film too, unlike Sadomania which is only saved by the phenomenal, transexual Anjita Wilson.

I like films that spit in my face.

P

Parson

just watched kurosawa's version of the lower depths that i got for xmas. very very good film. i wouldn't recommend it to non-kurosawa fans, but i guess those who know, know.

also watched curse of the jade scorpion last night which was just delightful.

probably gonna watch edmond today. also have born into brothels to watch

P

Parson

B000GRUQZQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40662951_.jpg

i love mamet. state and main is one of my favorites of his. also very much love wag the dog, glengarry, and oleanna. the thriller tag on this movie kinda had me half expecting something like spartan, which was ultimately forgettable but i knew it was gonna be some dark shit. stuart gordon was also a good indicator. cute
jeffcombs.jpg
jeff combs cameo too.

anyway, yeah its a fucking awesome movie. watch it.
it ranks among mamet's best and gordon is in top top form. best thing he's ever done.

kudos all around. through and through. top notch film.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
d4_vamos.jpg

For 5th time tonight, Companeros.

I love this film with every fibre of my body. The second best Non-Leoni Spaghetti Western after Il Grand Silenzio.

It's beautiful.

Thomas Milian vs. Franco Nero.

The mother of all buddy-cop movies, which it's not.

And, I don't know, it's just gorgeous and violent and lovely and exciting and funny.

Watch it.

Viva Mexico!

Companeros!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
d4_vamos.jpg

For 5th time tonight, Companeros.

I love this film with every fibre of my body. The second best Non-Leoni Spaghetti Western after Il Grand Silenzio.

It's beautiful.

Thomas Milian vs. Franco Nero.

The mother of all buddy-cop movies, which it's not.

And, I don't know, it's just gorgeous and violent and lovely and exciting and funny.

Watch it.

Viva Mexico!

Companeros!

WORD! Definitely a film the typical Marxist-pinko-Holocaust-denier dissensus poster nobhead should see. But even BETTER is IL GRANDE SILENSIO!

swears

preppy-kei
Idiocracy

h.idiocracy.110105.jpg

The new Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead, Office Space) comedy.

Luke Wilson and Maya Rudolph wake up in 500 years time following a botched army experiment where, due to a slightly dodgy social-Darwinist premise (something to do with trailer trash breeding like rabbits) everyone is an idiot and the averagely-IQed Wilson is the smartest man in the world. Lots of funny individual scenes, even if the plot wasn't paced quite right. I liked it, anyway.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
jean de florette/manon de sources

if you did french A level, you might have different feelings, but i was stunned by these two when i watched them over the weekend- simply beautiful storytelling.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The Shooting

Watched The Shooting yesterday and I thought it was ace. For those who don't know (probably not many of you) it's a kind of weird western directed by Monte Hellman who also did Two Lane Blacktop. Unlike that film it does have a plot of sorts and some dialogue but it does share a similarity of feel in many respects. It also raises a lot of questions (many of which it refuses to answer) and creates a great sense of tension throughout.
The characters are all brilliant and brilliantly realised by Jack Nicholson, Warren Oates and, er, the other two. It's a really strange film and since I watched it last night it's really been stuck in my mind (as TLBT did when I saw that).
I really want to see Cockfighter now but apparently it's not available in the UK. Anyone seen it? What's it like?

craner

Beast of Burden
Sorry to be perverse and fucked up and dumb but this was the funniest thing I've read for 2 years and I'd though I'd share it with all you very serious people. I have no idea what they're talking about either! (No, really.) Enjoy this! (Could just be Buick & I.) (Good art work nonetheless.)

Nazi Sleaze & WIP

holocaust2kn7.jpg

bruno

est malade
Sorry to be perverse and fucked up and dumb but this was the funniest thing I've read for 2 years and I'd though I'd share it with all you very serious people. I have no idea what they're talking about either! (No, really.) Enjoy this! (Could just be Buick & I.) (Good art work nonetheless.)

Nazi Sleaze & WIP

holocaust2kn7.jpg

this is a black hole, oliver, bevare.

in the days of vhs you could find these things alongside every video nasty and pirated copies of the last temptation of christ (which was banned!) in local rental stores. all of this has been replaced with endless aisles of generic dvds.

i recommend l'ultima orgia del III reich, it's a film. daniela poggi is lovely! and she suffers so much. these films are wrong on so many levels.

the other one you need to see for sheer depravity and nice images is casa privata per le ss.

and la bestia in calore, which is very funny and really really pointless.

you can't help but admire the lack of tact that went into making these films, it's almost endearing.