version

another thing they do, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, is piggy back on whats already there as myth, eg the number 23
having that door number isnt a trippy coincidence its just a nod to the 23 thing
Yeah, you get the impression they wanted to throw in as much stuff like that as possible. It does contribute to the effect, but it also feels a bit cheap, like Neo living in apartment 101 in The Matrix.

version

It is quite fun noticing that sort of stuff tbh, but it's a cheap thrill. I think if you take the film as a piece of entertainment about the conspiratorial mindset and one particular fictional conspiracy rather than pointing to anything specific irl then it does its job. You're not gonna learn about any shady government programs or whatever from UTSL.

version

another thing they do, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, is piggy back on whats already there as myth, eg the number 23
having that door number isnt a trippy coincidence its just a nod to the 23 thing
This is pointing to things outside itself then actually, although just in the sense of connecting it to conspiracy theories more generally. Also, you'd only notice it if you already knew about it, so I guess it's doing exactly what it talks about re: sending messages to those in the know.

luka

i think you can use this method in potentially very interesting ways. not just to give young people secret knowledge (mk ultra etc) although i still beleive that stuff is a useful corrective but more a way to tap into, play with, point up, the meaning making faculty per se.

luka

this is what the smarter synchromystic people like grapejuice cottoned onto... the synchronicities etc were happening at a level which exceeded any human capacity to put them there.

version

I was rooting for him when he beat up those little cunts.
The comments under that clip on YouTube are funny,

-xX666Archain666Xx- I Approved by China 1927-1949 1 year ago
don't really care about the deeper meaning in this one, face-value is already more than enough satisfaction