version

I was listening to that REM song he dances to in the club and found out the guitarist actually uses one of Kurt Cobain's guitars in the video.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

sus

Did you finish the film? They sleep together in the end scene, then he goes out onto the balcony for a smoke.

luka

I remember the credits rolling so I definitely finished the film but I didn't notice that part. Must have been subtle.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He's English... he was in Red Riding Trilogy - which is also a very good, grimy corruption conspiracy thing come to think of it

sus

I wonder—I wonder if part of the obsession with conspiracies, with discovering an all-powerful cultural monopoly/conspiracy elites, can be read as him trying to find a justification for his own failures. If he wants to be a songwriter, or an actor, and has instead ended up in "the bad version of the life I was supposed to live," well?

version

But yeah I reckon he's the dog killer, like when he says "Just cos someone kills dogs it doesn't mean they kill people" as though he's defending him.
He keeps seeing women barking at him like dogs too. The women who chase him out of the bathroom are all barking and snarling and the woman in the pool at night who sticks her leg out like the Owl's Kiss also starts barking at him.

There's also the bit where the daughter of the wealthy guy who disappears is at the club and someone comments on her being there despite her father's disappearance and he says something about people doing strange things when they're in pain.

Reactions: sus

sus

I wonder—I wonder if part of the obsession with conspiracies, with discovering an all-powerful cultural monopoly/conspiracy elites, is trying to find a justification for his own failures. If he wants to be a songwriter, or an actor, and has instead ended up in "the bad version of the life I was supposed to live," well?
Same with "why'd that hot blonde girl take off without saying goodbye?" All we see is 1) she finds an excuse to kick him out of her apartment, 2) he tries and fails to kiss her goodbye, 3) she makes up some excuse about hanging out tomorrow, 4) she's gone. It's a classic rejection, up to the abrupt move-out and "keep quiet" symbol—but maybe this is the point at which we oughta assume he's no longer reliably narrating.