version

You should definitely watch Sorcerer if you like Refn. It's clearly an influence. There's a long conversation between him and Friedkin on the Blu-ray.

woops

is not like other people
Remind me?
ha. same theme that's been discussed regarding under the silver lake, inner circles of success, the main character suffering from mental illness believing he's ostracised from an in-group lovingly evoked in the climactic scene. should re-read it myself now i mention it

version

You should definitely watch Sorcerer if you like Refn. It's clearly an influence. There's a long conversation between him and Friedkin on the Blu-ray.

Sorcerer-1977-William_Friedkin-MSS-003.jpg

Sorcerer-1977-William_Friedkin-MSS-040.jpg

Sorcerer-1977-William_Friedkin-MSS-067.jpg

Sorcerer-1977-William_Friedkin-MSS-071.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
ha. same theme that's been discussed regarding under the silver lake, inner circles of success, the main character suffering from mental illness believing he's ostracised from an in-group lovingly evoked in the climactic scene. should re-read it myself now i mention it
I remember at the end SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY he freaks out and kills his hot friend with a golf club or something.

IdleRich

IdleRich
A bunch of us watching Under the Silver Lake made for good discussion.
It certainly did. You should watch Neon Demon, I'd forgotten how fucked up and filled with occult stuff it was. I was high when I saw it before, that's why I liked it so much.
It's much less sprawling than UTSL so has less in it to discuss... but still.