WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Anyway, watching Neon Demon now, she keeps seeing this symbol (the one on the left.

neon-demon-13-sc-how-many-triangles-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.jpg

Magnetic North​

Coil

Heaviness, heaviness

Blue sapphire six-pointed star
Blue sapphire six-pointed star
Deep ruby-red inverted pyramid
Deep ruby-red inverted pyramid

(didn't centre-line the text on purpose, for the Cult Studs record)

luka

exclusion from the inner circle
1611742447556.png

version

@IdleRich Watched The Guest. It's decent. The lead guy's good, cool soundtrack, some fun scenes. Apparently it was partly inspired by the writer watching Halloween and The Terminator back to back. You can definitely tell.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I watched it too in fact. I enjoyed it, the main guy is good right? Very creepy. Although, as often in these things, it felt a bit of the creepiness was lost in the last few scenes when it just turned into a shoot-out. Also, what I didn't really understand (if it matters) is why he killed the gun dealer guy - until that it was going fine but it was a just pointless murder and everyone suspected him so he killed everyone else to cover it up and tie up the loose ends... but it was all kinda unnecessary.

version

I think it's because him being ex-military and buying a load of guns suggested he was planning something big and his programming made him kill anyone he thought could expose him or the program he was a part of.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Makes sense I guess... what was he planning though? I understood that he originally wanted to help the family, he didn't intend to murder them all, is that you what you got?

version

My impression was he and their son were in the program together, the son died and he said he'd take care of his family for him, but he's a psycho and messed up due to whatever they did to him so his idea of helping goes way beyond what's acceptable and inevitably leads to his cover being blown, at which point his programming kicks in and he has no choice but to kill them all to protect the experiment.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah that's what I thought. It was funny when he was in the kitchen with her and those guys are shooting and he says "It will take too long to explain".

DLaurent

Sorcerer is one of my favourite films. I exhausted watching film noir so have moved on to thrillers, starting with the obvious ones like Manhunter, and speaking of Friedkin, To Live and Die in LA. I really like the Paul Schrader film Light Sleeper too, when I talk about Thrillers that's the kind of atmosphere I go for, night time photography, synthetic soundtracks, and psychologically deep characters.

luka

i didnt mind it. i like how halfway through telling the story they get bored of it and then just put some notes on the screen to say what happened afterwards and then the film ends

catalog

Yeah it could've gone on for ages. They're all very polite though aren't they. It's innocent and wistful compared to what we've got now.

luka

a buddy movie. did those two do any other buddy movies together? ive watched another film where Hoffman is paired with a handsome blonde gentile. they're both hustlers in New York.

catalog

The famous redford buddy movie is butch cassidy and the sun dance kid, or that one where they are con men, can't remember what it's called. But I don't like either of them, they're too smarmy.