Page 90 of 190 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2840

Thread: Films you've seen recently and would unreservedly recommend:

Down Terrace

i loved gainsbourg. quite odd for a film like this cos it goes very rarely out of his personal life but i enjoyed the fantasy/puppet/animation element a lot. i thought the whole thing was wonderful actually, though it got a bit cliche when it came time for him to begin his inevitable downfall. i didnt fancy the english actress who died as much as the other person that posted about it here but the girl he ended up having a 3rd child with was super hot.

i also liked leaving. though it had a few too many fades which made it seem like they were taking the easy route in jumping from one point in time to another too often. could have been a bit more fluid. kirsten scott thomas was very good in it, though i would have liked to have found out a bit more about the husband cos he ended up being a bit of a panto husband villain.

also saw beeswax. not really that up on all the mumblecore stuff, but id like to see more. good proper *real* indie film, compared to say something like please give. which i think would have been better if it had been made with the same sort of budget/aesthetic as beeswax.
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 15-08-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Human Centipede! Very funny, good job that we were literally the only people in the cinema 'cause at time we were laughing a lot. The villain is possibly the most terrifying looking man I've ever saw, I'm glad he was cast in thiis but I can't really see him in any other role.

I saw Fellini's La Strada over the weekend after watching 8 1/2 and being really impressed. I haven't seen a lot of movies, but these two are two of the best I have seen. Truly great stuff.

I watched Angel Heart, Leon and The Crow yesterday. All three were great. I'd definitely recommend Angel Heart and Leon to anyone who hasn't seen them. Angel Heart is probably Mickey Rourke's best.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Human Centipede! Very funny, good job that we were literally the only people in the cinema 'cause at time we were laughing a lot. The villain is possibly the most terrifying looking man I've ever saw, I'm glad he was cast in thiis but I can't really see him in any other role.
    i'm going to have to watch this, preferably after the pub!

I think you would like.
    Angel Heart is great yeah, the book is equally good as well I think.

Just watched Glengarry Glen Ross. Excellent performances from Pacino, Spacey, Lemmon and Baldwin.

saw a film called skeletons last night and really enjoyed it.

Skeletons is a good name for a film, what's it about?

This looks as though it will be a guaranteed winner

http://www.humansexipede.com/

A Walk Through H.
    My Tulse Luper obsession is kicking into high gear. It has been slowly gestating for years but the Greenaway Early Films/Shorts box set has lit my fire. My mixed metaphor quota is maxed out but I'll be damned if it doesn't scratch where I've been itching.

Miller's Crossing

Just watched the first of the Coffin Joe trilogy, At Midnight I Will Take Your Soul...interesting in that it avoids the merely trashy B-movie category, but I'm not sure how...perhaps his performance, which is over the top yet somehow, in places, quite convincing. Got the box so I'll be watching the rest at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by slim jenkins View Post
    Just watched the first of the Coffin Joe trilogy, At Midnight I Will Take Your Soul...interesting in that it avoids the merely trashy B-movie category, but I'm not sure how...perhaps his performance, which is over the top yet somehow, in places, quite convincing. Got the box so I'll be watching the rest at some point.
    Good call bringing them up, never seen them yet. What's the quality of the transfers like? A quick look on Amazon says that there's motion blurring and stuff, is it too bad to watch? (bearing in mind I like the look of stuff on VHS...)