slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Also Taxi Driver, The Long Goodbye, Chinatown...and those Coppola films weren't bad either...

The Graduate was a 60s film.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Also Taxi Driver, The Long Goodbye, Chinatown...and those Coppola films weren't bad either...

The Graduate was a 60s film.

Yep, slip of the fingers, '67 business, but a harbinger of the new Hollywood of the 70s, and one of the most astonishing acts of smuggling an arthouse movie completely into the mainstream.

The Long Goodbye is one I've not seen - probably a big oversight.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
70s Hollywood really was unbelievable. Film after film with amazingly dark premises, all shot on big budgets and looking spectacular. An era that could maybe, practically speaking, never happen again. The sheer thought of Cabaret/The Graduate/Five Easy Pieces/The Conversation being made as huge projects is thrilling.

Yeah, I agree with you and sj on this, been watching/rewatching loads of films from that era lately.
Chinatown was just amazing.
Still need to watch Five Easy Pieces, soon.
All The President's Men is another one I have a big personal soft spot for, though its perhaps not quite in the same league as some of the above.

BareBones

wheezy
watched jodorowsky's santa sangre the other day for the first time. absolutely brilliant, it's a like a mexican surrealist version of psycho.

luka

yes son, when you get to my age you find youre repeating yourself a lot. its one of the more enjoyable things about ageing

IdleRich

IdleRich
"watched jodorowsky's santa sangre the other day for the first time. absolutely brilliant, it's a like a mexican surrealist version of psycho."
Isn't Jodorowsky from Chile though? Sorry to be pedantic.
Watched Out of the Blue with Dennis Hopper yesterday - interesting film but I think I really hate Dennis Hopper. I mean, in the film he portrays himself as a vicious psycho but you can kind of sympathise 'cause of the life he's had and the problems and the poverty - but in real life he is (or was) a multimillionaire hero of the counterculture etc etc and he's still an evil cunt.

drilla

spam

This is a 7 minute short video called Talk to the Trees I made for a class last semester. Didn't know where else to put this; if there's a better thread please direct me. I stand by my work so the premise of this thread holds true for me, anyway.

Feedback appreciated, don't be shy to tear in. :D