Parrots in Hyde Park

Woebot

Saw these on Sunday:

(blinking) the photo doesnt really do them justice but these are green parrots.

One for Luka innit.

Lichen

Richmond park is teeming with parrots. They are agressive and a threat to local birdlife. If a grey squirrel is a rat with a tail, a green parrot is a squirrel with wings.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
aside from their vivid hue parrots are hilarious aren't they-who amongst us hasn't wasted a school dinner hour trying to teach a pet-shop parrot to say "f***" ?
following last years CLASSIC sweary parrot tale (vicar called wanker-check ,policeman told to fuck off - check) todays Guardian has a fine tale of Ziggy the parrot's expose of infidelity...http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1688149,00.html
Let's Dance though! cloth ears.

Gido

night tripper
i live in amsterdam and we have hundreds of them in our parks, and they're all green.
also green and exotic, there's a number of turtles living in the wild in our city.

and recently i saw on the telly that there's a pelican living quiet happily in a area just outside of the city. i was a strange sight, swimming there in the 'polder' with the ducks etc. :)

S

simon silverdollar

yeah they arrived in clapham last summer.

there's loads of them on hampstead heath. they make a fucking racket.

luka

i like 'em.
mgpies are aggressive too, no one says we should get rid of them.

Lichen

That depends on whether one considers any non-indigenous species a fundamentally bad thing; is toady's exotic novelty tomorrow's grey squirrel?

i think these are the green parakeets that myth has it

a. escaped from the set of "the african queen" at shepperton studios

b. are descended from a pair that jimi hendrix had in in his pad in london.

Woebot

Spanielzworld said:
i think these are the green parakeets that myth has it

a. escaped from the set of "the african queen" at shepperton studios

b. are descended from a pair that jimi hendrix had in in his pad in london.

cool, they have pedigree ;)