Blog Documentary Download.

luka

i'm going to listen to it, but i too am terrified i'll sound like a prick. so maybe i'll wait a little while...
i was actually totally terrified and couldn't hardly open my mouth at first, total stage fright. very intimidating.

Woebot

luka said:
i'm going to listen to it, but i too am terrified i'll sound like a prick

nah you sound brilliant. very practical and no nonsense. i was just about ok with my voice (getting used to hearing it these days), its just the things i say (groan). i get the least airtime as well. preposterous ;)

geeta gets HOURS as do simon and mark. (adopts usual greasy persona) its just as well they have such fascinating things to say. id like to have heard more people. like lots and lots more. i know simon was at the centre of it, but as im sure he'd opine (?) it was the "level-playing field" that the network constituted/constitues that made it interesting.

big up magz anyway. and thanks to her for giving me permission to upload it.

luka

why don't you make one for your own personal archives and get well obsessional about it, interview everybody! for five hours!

Rambler

Awanturnik
I'm really enjoying hearing people's voices - particularly when I don't know the faces either. No one sounds like a prick, but everyone sounds different to how they write.

Thanks for posting this Matt!

Rambler

Awanturnik
Big props to Geeta as well, who manages to say about a dozen more interesting things on women and music than the whole of last night's 6 Music documentary on 21st Century Girls.

&catherine

Heehee, this is exciting :) Now I get to hear what some of you people sound like. Oh, and you all speak with your British accents, how amusing... ;)

Hadean

10 below
it's great! no worries - you came off fine

and the figures you quote are of interest to thosewithoutblogs
you might even inspire a few to start knowing they could aspire to large readership

Woebot

Rambler said:
Big props to Geeta as well, who manages to say about a dozen more interesting things on women and music than the whole of last night's 6 Music documentary on 21st Century Girls.
Yeah! Big up Geeta! We love U babe. U rock. Geeta's in London actually and was SUPPOSED to give me a bell (tut tut)...

sufi

lala
brave work

yes big up all of you
you all sound like nice reasonable people
most informative too

sufi

lala
i like the bit where matt is on about fanzines he says:
"so, with a blog, instead of an audience of like 50, you can have an audience of er... "and he pauses for a meoment for effect and you think he's gonna say "like 55 or 60 haha", but he bottles it and says "thousands" in a serious way

that was not the only moment that cracked me up

gff

thx much for this matt, i'll alert herr joshblog (i don't think he reads dissensus) (josh is my roomate, as it happens)

john eden

male pale and stale
I thought this was great!

Everyone was on form, I think - luka, you sounded a bit nervous maybe but everything you said was bang on, mate.

It made me all nostalgic. :)

Apart from Luka, all the Brit-bloggers sounded like a bunch of posh kids. Where's the cockney rebels?

For some reason I imagined Matt to be a bit of a Chris Moyles-type. Wrong! Mark sounded just like you'd expect though. Not many bloggers talk like they write though, do they? I met four other bloggers face to face this Friday at a Fall gig here in Bristol. Kek-W is not quite how I imagined him (actually, he's even cooler in real-life!) .

One thing we discussed on Friday was why is there this unwritten law that no 'serious' blogger ever posts a jpeg of themselves? Faceless-blogger-bollox, innit? What's everyone scared of? Being recognised/stalked? Having to sign autographs when they go shopping? Getting their dicks sucked by blog-groupies? I keep meaning to buck the trend, but I always bottle it at the last minute.

john eden

male pale and stale
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
One thing we discussed on Friday was why is there this unwritten law that no 'serious' blogger ever posts a jpeg of themselves? Faceless-blogger-bollox, innit? What's everyone scared of? Being recognised/stalked? Having to sign autographs when they go shopping? Getting their dicks sucked by blog-groupies? I keep meaning to buck the trend, but I always bottle it at the last minute.

New thread!!! :cool:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
For some reason I imagined Matt to be a bit of a Chris Moyles-type. Wrong!
Oh, but he is. Enormous, pear shaped man, thick Leeds accent (when he's not on the radio of ocurse), always has a can of diet coke and a meat pie at his side... vast collection of 80s metal too which he keeps quiet about... just like Chris Moyles.

You should see him in his chicken costume doing the David Brent dance through the slurry of sick in the aisle of a Yates Wine Lodge. Unforgettable.

And so on and so forth...

mms

sometimes
Nick Gutterbreakz said:
Apart from Luka, all the Brit-bloggers sounded like a bunch of posh kids. Where's the cockney rebels?

For some reason I imagined Matt to be a bit of a Chris Moyles-type. Wrong! Mark sounded just like you'd expect though. Not many bloggers talk like they write though, do they? I met four other bloggers face to face this Friday at a Fall gig here in Bristol. Kek-W is not quite how I imagined him (actually, he's even cooler in real-life!) .

ha ha i thought he'd be a tall thin hyperactive 40 something scotsman for some reason