Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: K-Punk on Weed!!

if you enjoy weed even in the kind of chill out sense u ain't smoked enough weed. simples. i don't chill out on weed. i can be absolutely functional on weed, i just choose not to, but choose in the sense that not caring becomes infinitely preferable.

That isn't pro or anti-capitalist, what an utter absurdity. it's like people who said speed was the ultimate capitalist drug because it made you ultra-productive. if that productiveness is not appropriated and turned into a profit then how the fuck is it capitalist lmao. like who gives a fuck that sid viscious could supposedly play the bass after listening to ramones album after a night on the speed, utter tosh. Sid's productive potential was manufactured to be this naive stupid unstable personality. whether he was really like that was irrelevant to mclaren. I get the feeling mclaren was a serial gaslighter as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

side question:
    so how about the effect of it being illegal - driving millions of recreational users into criminality has to undermine their wider expectations about justice? i see weed as an unwitting social liberation movement

dunno some of the white discourse around weed legalisation is cringe inducing in the extreme. I mean I'm even for the decriminalisation of smack but that's by the by. it's certainly not a communist measure, whatever that is supposed to mean in this context. weed laws are basically just there to fuck over black and brown people and the legalise weed now ppl don't really get that in my experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

I also think the spiritual discipline vs secular undiscipline point is a bit of a fallacy. i mean there were sufis in 14-15th century anatolia who were extremely individualistic proto-anarchists would rome around towns blatantly violating all kinds of politic conventions. not dressing properly (virtual nakedness) in an intoxicated state, cussing out begs and rulers of all stripes, not observing the obligatory prayers, turning down marriage but also being sexually proflugatee sometimes... etc.

But these guys certainly thought of themselves as being utterly devoted to God compared to those people following the letter of the law in matters of religion.

Well there was a lot of priggishness on dissensus in these times it's over now. We've moved on.