eBay "sniping"

bassnation

the abyss
mms said:
i saw a business near hampstead thats actually set up to deal with ebay and other online auctions, i thought that was incredible - obviously it's not a couple of books or anything but i was suprised such a thing exists

there was one in southend for a while, offering to sell peoples stuff on ebay but its gone out of business now.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
john eden said:
any cop tho?

I always assume those job lots are full of ballast...

about 50% hit rate so far- which i'm suprised at (thought it would be lower).

bassnation

the abyss
matt b said:
about 50% hit rate so far- which i'm suprised at (thought it would be lower).

how do people ship these job lots? do most specify collection only? i'd hate to pay the postage costs for a huge box of vinyl.

D

droid

PeteUM said:
Saw ACEN records fetching some cash. Wonder if that's post WOEBOT's list...

Nope. Been like that for yeeeaaaarrssss....

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bassnation said:
how do people ship these job lots? do most specify collection only? i'd hate to pay the postage costs for a huge box of vinyl.

well, this is not something i have done before, but it was a 'buy now' bid £99.00, including dhl delivery. this was from a record shop w/ excellent credentials.

if the above had not been in place, i wouldn't have got it.

i've got a fireplace for sale if anyone wants it- but buyer definately collects ;)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Funny that you should resurrect this thread. There is a record I keep losing to snipers by one pound that is finishing tonight half an hour after I finish work. I've decided that if you can't beat them etc and I'm gonna stay in the office an extra half hour and see if I can win it at the last minute. Probably won't work though.