Best Writing on William Blake

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Where else did I encounter that opinion lately? Was it in 'The Doors of Perception'? Probably. The idea that drugs can help the more neurotypical ppl get where Blake got while he was brushing his teeth in the morning.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I regularly walk past Blake's grave in Bunhill Fields. It's a new headstone but I don't know the full story here.

luka

William Blake society did research on actual burial plot (old stone didn't mark the grave. It was just a memorial) then raised funds for a new stone.

jenks

thread death
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."

Jerusalem.e.p10.100.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.

From these contraries spring what the religious call Good and Evil. Good is the passive that obeys reason; Evil is the active springing from Energy.

Good is heaven. Evil is hell.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was skimming Yeats on Blake's "Divine Comedy" illustrations last night and it seems very useful in communicating Blake's philosophy; early on Yeats differentiates symbol from allegory very handily, the essential difference being that symbol expresses what is otherwise inexpressible, whereas allegory simply assigns an easily understood image to an easily understood abstraction.