Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I really love Milton's evocation of the chaotic abyssal region, and in part I think because he's "doing a God" by bringing order (mathematical order no less) to chaos himself. Also that Satan almost fucks it right at the start but chance (which reigns with a capital C in the abyss) intervenes and propels him back up again like buzz light-year bouncing on the ball.

I can tell this thing is working for me because I'm having to stop myself unconsciously "doing a Milton", obdurately impudently aping his Heroic adjectives.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
giphy.gif

At last his Sail-broad Vannes
He spreads for flight, and in the surging smoak
Uplifted spurns the ground, thence many a League
As in a cloudy Chair ascending rides [ 930 ]
Audacious, but that seat soon failing, meets
A vast vacuitie: all unawares
Fluttring his pennons vain plumb down he drops
Ten thousand fadom deep, and to this hour
Down had been falling, had not by ill chance [ 935 ]
The strong rebuff of som tumultuous cloud
Instinct with Fire and Nitre hurried him
As many miles aloft...

Landing square on the firmament the fiend
Opes his eyes and durst proudly proclaim
To the doubting Cowboy Woody
'CAN FLY!'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There is a predictable but palpable relief when Milton leaves the drearily joyful heavens and returns to Satan again

Are there parallels to this in other books/movies/shows? Sure there must be. And what is it that's so tedious about the virtuous and happy?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
And what is it that's so tedious about the virtuous and happy?

When God is praising Jesus for being such a chip off the old block it's like reading an Oscars acceptance speech

If God had started slagging off Jesus it would have been compulsive reading

craner

Beast of Burden
I can't work out if Corpsey is doing my head in more than CORP$EY or vice versa. Either way it's a mental tour de force. An almost terrifying performance piece, because it's true.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
When God is praising Jesus for being such a chip off the old block it's like reading an Oscars acceptance speech

If God had started slagging off Jesus it would have been compulsive reading

Why dost thou, the Empyreal Godhead
His Son addresses with great and mighty ire
Not get a job and pay me rent for once?

luka

"golden mop of hair ablow"
in 2018, and hes my age. pre-raphelite poster on his bedroom wall. having a wank to the lady of shallot, eyes blurred with tears. outrageous.

luka

The swallows began their display at
dusk,
streaming through rain: one curtseyed on the wing

a move of such eloquence

your a good man jenks but this is unacceptable.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/po...for-the-disused-nonconformist-chapel-wildhern

Please read and annotate this luka lol you will love it

''I met her. The gray, lavish eyes. A ruthless stare softened
by an accent. She was gracious, even to my callow posturing — 
called one windy effort that ended O Lord thou draggest me out
a most faithful homage to Eliot, grave with kindly mockery.''

Don't want to hop on a bandwagon but I can't help but read this through the lens of a teary wank over the lady of shallot now and I picture him using the phrase 'm'lady' when acourting he does go.

luka

fucking hell! good work corpsey! i need to get out the house soon but this is too good to be true. will get on it when i get back.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
People want Upskirting
Taking of photos up skirts
An offence
How is it not
Sick perverts need locking up

- Neville Southall, Twitter

jenks

thread death
There's some better stuff later on in the collection and definitely he's more likely to have a picture of Geoffrey Hill over his futon.

It was this interview that piqued my interest: https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/black-sun-an-interview-with-toby-martinez-de-las-rivas/#!

anyway, i have no great affiliation with the bloke just thought i'd share some contemporary stuff.

Maybe of more interest with people discussing epic poetry is Christopher Logue's great re-working of the Iliad - War Music https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/42181/cold-calls-war-music-continued