Rolling crate digging triumph thread

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Did I tell you about getting a mint copy of RAMM 002 for £1?

Loads of good stuff crops up at car boots if you have the dedication to dig. Tons of 90s dance music right now as ex DJs and music heads get a bit older and a bit sadder and start having families, that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Recently by sheer luck when rooting around Chemical Records online, I came across a limited stock of the Ice Rink EP with Kano, Riko, Tinchy Stryder and Breeze on it. I didn't think any shops stocked this anymore.

john eden

male pale and stale
Recently by sheer luck when rooting around Chemical Records online, I came across a limited stock of the Ice Rink EP with Kano, Riko, Tinchy Stryder and Breeze on it. I didn't think any shops stocked this anymore.

This got repressed last year (or year before?) but went pretty damn quick.

An excellent find nonetheless!

elgato

I just dont know
Loads of good stuff crops up at car boots if you have the dedication to dig. Tons of 90s dance music right now as ex DJs and music heads get a bit older and a bit sadder and start having families, that kind of thing.

where are these going down? always up for trawls

this year has been a good year for 2nd hand grime, loads of ppl selling off their collections

BareBones

wheezy
i did win a collection of grime/garage tunes on eBay last year, about twenty 12"s for £11, a few dire tunes in there but some really sweet stuff too including geenius cru 'course bruv', a white label copy of 'wot u call it' (which is sadly a bit warped), know we, and an old big apple records 12" called "bad boy" which i know nothing about but which definitely lives up to the name.

petergunn

plywood violin
got "Ultimate Rap" by the Nice and Nasty 3 a few weeks back for 3 dollars from a guy selling records on the sidewalk...

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4718938219

funny thing is, i bought the repress like 5 years ago for 3 bucks as well and fell in love with the song and figured i'd never find an original and i felt like it tainted my old school hip hop collection ( i have a decent amount of 79,80,81 disco hip hip 12"s), but now i am thinking i HAVE to sell it... 700 bucks is a lotta money...

luka

it looks terrible now doesnt it. cds especially but theres something very sad and unattractive about vinyl now too.
whenever jim from this thread comes to visit me in greenwich we pop into MVE cos he used to work there but fuck
is it depressing. all this stuff we just dont need anymore. grotty, handled things. smelly, sordid things.

music shouldnt be a physical object. it was a weird quirk of history the last few decades. im glad i never got
into collecting records. i remember when i got my first ipod and filled it with every rap song ever made and i
took it round my mates house who had a decent hiphop vinyl collection and i showed him how i had everything
he owned and plus loads of stuff he'll never lay eyes on in his life. so much rare and unreleased stuff.

years later he admitted hed wanted it snatch the ipod out my hands and fling it out the window. real toddler
tantrum reaction. its democratised listening to music now and its a great improvement. it makes sense having
music stored in a non physical form. its satisfying.