what ails you?

bruno

est malade
ah, terrible, gek. i had a high pitched sound in my ear once, supposedly a sign that you're going mad! i probably was, come to think of it.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Yeah tis pretty shit, weirdly the audio problems lead to a kind of visual disorientation, even though the vision is really ok. I don't think I'm going mad though!

mms

sometimes
roughly the same thing happened to me last year, in my case a drug allergy, very nasty. first my arms and back, then my face and eventually my entire body. after the swelling had reached its peak i began to itch all over, it was a nightmare.

you do become more sensitive to things for a while. the allergies i had as a boy, which i had undergone treatment for came back in full in the aftermath. and i was left with marks where the rash manifested first, my back is a map. but you slowly desensitise, things return to normal.

i hope things turn out well for your son.

i get a very similar thing with vodka, the skin on my face swells up and goes purple. rash on neck on chest,my throat and hands etc, it's only cheap vodka tho so it must be something in it, i never bother even trying to drink the stuff anymore though.
takes hours of sitting down drinking water then trying to sleep it off for it to go.

bruno

est malade
that sounds nasty. wasn't there a mass intoxication through dodgy vodka a couple of days ago, in russia i think.

incidentally i had a vodka tonic at my cousin's wedding yesterday and it really made my head spin, clearly i can't drink anymore! probably for the best.

mms

sometimes
that sounds nasty. wasn't there a mass intoxication through dodgy vodka a couple of days ago, in russia i think.

incidentally i had a vodka tonic at my cousin's wedding yesterday and it really made my head spin, clearly i can't drink anymore! probably for the best.

yes i get more and more allergic to alcohol the older i get i think, what used to be ok now has loads of nasty side effects let alone massive hangovers, beer really fucks up my belly, but vodka is clearly a total no-no.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
All alcohol now leads to next day acid reflux-doom, shooting pains across my chest! Best to book the hangover for a day when lying in all day is possible...

bruno

est malade
yes, we're pathetic. oh, and at that wedding i sat next to a girl who boasted she didn't have hangovers at all, fresh as a daisy every time, the little angel. what she doesen't know is that ten years from now her skin will be fucked up and her internal organs destroyed whereas i will be in a wheelchair sipping tonic water with a smile on my face!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I have stye! Will my eye fall out? Please tell me, I'm terrified.

No it won't Oliver! It's just a spot that you get in your eye. If you take the anitbiotic drop/cream it will go away in a couple of days. If you don't take the antibiotic cream, it will go away in a couple of days as well. You'll be just fine, though it's hard to pick up people for sex when you got one, so I'd leave that out til it heals.

craner

Beast of Burden
though it's hard to pick up people for sex when you got one

That is actually very inconvenient right now.

I guess it could be worse though. Thank you!

craner

Beast of Burden
While we're here again, can I say that this:

1. I gave up all meat (sea food excepted)

2. I now fast for a week or 3 every couple of months

3. I often skip dinner, and just have a vegetable juice - keeps energy levels up.

4. I no longer feel completely emotionally dependent on food - compared to before. the psychological difference is huge.

sounds like Hell.

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
:
I'm suffering from Hyperacusis, a kind of acute oversensitivity to sound- now slightly more manageable through years of gradual hearing loss and the onset of tinnitus...*

And I'm actually allergic to electricity- which gives all sorts of odd side effects, from synaesthesia to actual physical buzzing/jolts à la Poltergeist...

Unfortunately, none of my other senses followed suit... :slanted:

Interestingly, problems in processing sensory information seems to be a feature of autistic spectrum disorders (the lack of proper "filters" sorting the important bits from the random bits, causing sensory information overload- Perhaps a whiff of Asbergers would explain more than just a little bit of my erratic experiences over the years,lol!
...Although *that* fashionable diagnosis seem to get tagged almost uncritically to everyone and his grandmother nowadays, making me a bit suspicious about the use of it all, there seems to be a worrying trend of overdiagnostisation at the moment-

IMO most psychiatric diagnoses serves more as convenient selling point/propaganda for the medicine industry, who wants to push their nice little pills, than actually bettering treatments or helping people's health at all-

I mean, one of the GP's who tried to get me on medication had her office filled with pens, pads, stickers and whatnot boasting sympathetic ads for the very same product she wanted me to trust... (!) I daren't think of all the sponsored holidays, seminaries, spa weekends and treats they'd bribed her with that I *didn't* find out about... Although I doubted her integrity on the issue, and told her as much- Resulting in outraged frowns and a note to her successor labelling me as "difficult" and "argumentative"... :rolleyes: Yeah, sure, baby- Get me a free towel while you're at it, eh? Sigh... :mad:

(*although as a D.I.Y. "musician" I feel I've actually *benefited* from it, being able to remember/hear levels of sound apparently near inaudible to others, and having a sometimes bothersome memory/awareness of musical structures, although not formally trained- Ze parents early discovered i had musicality but didn't have the money for lessons- The only way to write things down is to use electronic equipment, and invent tracks from scratch... Use the gear to create the soundscapes without worrying too much about notes or chords, would've been nice to get a working knowledge of those things eventually, though!)

nomos

Administrator
eye strain is ailing me like a ***** :mad: i dream of cucumber slices and valium laced eyedrops.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
eye strain is ailing me like a ***** :mad: i dream of cucumber slices and valium laced eyedrops.

I wear contacts, but for prolonged computer stuff use glasses with darkened lenses, it takes off the glare and also gives a distance between oneself and the computer, I'd recommend it.

borderpolice

: I'm suffering from Hyperacusis, a kind of acute oversensitivity to sound- now slightly more manageable through years of gradual hearing loss and the onset of tinnitus...*
I used to have that too. Went away when i stopped worrying about it. I reckon hyperacusis is a form/manifestation of depression, when you focuss too intensely on yourself.
Interestingly, problems in processing sensory information seems to be a feature of autistic spectrum disorders (the lack of proper "filters" sorting the important bits from the random bits, causing sensory information overload- Perhaps a whiff of Asbergers would explain more than just a little bit of my erratic experiences over the years,lol! ...Although *that* fashionable diagnosis seem to get tagged almost uncritically to everyone and his grandmother nowadays, making me a bit suspicious about the use of it all, there seems to be a worrying trend of overdiagnostisation at the moment-
if you think of autism/asberger's as nothing but names for a spectrum of ill-understood phenomena, it becomes less dramatic.
Use the gear to create the soundscapes without worrying too much about notes or chords, would've been nice to get a working knowledge of those things eventually, though!)
It is quite easy to pick up this knowledge yourself. I used to muck about with electronics but realised that this was not getting me to where i wanted to be, so i took some piano lessons at a local adult education college and learned a bit of music theory. after a year i was fluent with diminished 7th, secondary dominants, chord scales, root progressions and all that fancy music theory. it's really quite easy once you look at it seriously and with sustained interest. it's also made me a much better musician.

zhao

there are no accidents
I've been smoking so much grass the past week that my sleep pattern is all out of wack - when I get high I stay up until 5 or 6 AM and have to go to work at 10... I guess not an ailment...

coming back from seeing Joe Nice I stayed up until 7 AM :eek: