Where is Kodwo?

rubberdingyrapids

he does film screenings as part of the otolith group.
been to the ones theyve done at the tate.
i quite like hearing his observations of the films, though they increasingly seem to be too particular and personal to really be of much use when he is interviewing filmmakers. he would be better off just being a panelist - heard him on radio 4 talking about that film the counsellor last year or so and thought he should be doing more things like that (esp as he is good at outdoing other radio 4 panelists' pretentiousness, he sounds like hes swallowed and rejected the last 4 decades of various cultural theories).
he looks a bit uni-professorial these days. a little fusty.
wonder if he still likes modern music.
would love to have read his thoughts on things like grime or footwork.

Last edited:

griftert

Would love to read this guy do some more essays or writings or something, as good as I'm sure the films he's making are I kind of enjoy just reading about art more than I do actually taking it in. He is really great to listen to as well, ridiculously erudite and impassioned. Kind of annoyed that he's a little bit thin on the ground. I would like to see the otolith films but you need to be in London I guess.

rubberdingyrapids

john eden

male pale and stale

More Brilliant Than the Sun: Adventures in Sonic Fiction Paperback – 18 Oct 2016

by Kodwo Eshun (Author)

CrowleyHead

bastards. does this mean i can no longer sell my 2nd hand copy for a 100 on amazon? i was saving that for when i needed a bit of pocket money.

Psssh. The PDF is online my man, you lost your money grab years ago. B)

EDIT: Here's a better question, what's new there? Has he done edits, any new chapters? Or are we still pretending DJ Spooky has relevance in 2016?

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

Psssh. The PDF is online my man, you lost your money grab years ago. B)

EDIT: Here's a better question, what's new there? Has he done edits, any new chapters? Or are we still pretending DJ Spooky has relevance in 2016?

amazon listing says it includes an introduction by Kodwo Eshun as well as texts by filmmaker John Akomfrah and producer Steve Goodman aka kode9.