The obnoxious paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Omaar

Expert warns of more chatroom libel awards

James Sturcke
Wednesday March 22, 2006

A landmark legal ruling ordering a woman to pay £10,000 in damages for defamatory comments posted on an internet chatroom site could trigger a rush of similar lawsuits, a leading libel lawyer warned today.

Michael Smith, a Ukip activist who stood for the Portsmouth North seat last year, became the first person to win damages yesterday after being accused of being a "sex offender" and "racist blogger" on a Yahoo! discussion site.....

Article Link

bassnation

the abyss
droid said:
No - thats fine. :D

donning my killjoy hat, its not acceptable to insult someone - as much as he irritates me.

i actually flamed his arse responding to his thread ranting about complacency- but then thought better of it and deleted the post. life is too short.

D

droid

bassnation said:
donning my killjoy hat, its not acceptable to insult someone - as much as he irritates me.

i actually flamed his arse responding to his thread ranting about complacency- but then thought better of it and deleted the post. life is too short.

Your flame was grand, and totally justified (you shouldve left it IMO) - and I was (obviously) joking there :) . Ive only seen about 3 genuine ad homenim attacks on here, and I dont think any of the regulars are going to start indulging...

Padraig

Banned
matt b said:
we best all refrain from calling padraig a cunt then

Your politically-correct Superego is repressing your Id? Psychoanalysts would certainly be very impressed - so let's perpetuate the pretence ...

Originally Posted by Omaar
Have you got a reference or a link? Cheers.

See below.

Originally Posted by bassnation

i actually flamed his arse ... but then thought better of it and deleted the post.

Iron discipline on display there, bassnation. Congratulations!

Emotional [Droid] Zombie: Your flame was grand, and totally justified (you shouldve left it IMO) .

Have you got a reference or a link for that? Cheers!

brian.jpg

"What is the great Amercican sin? Extravagance? Vice? Graft? No; it is a kind of half-humorous, good-natured indifference, a lack of "concentrated indignation" as my English friend calls it, which allows extravagance and vice to flourish. Trace most of our ills to their source, and it is found that they exist by virtue of an easy-going, fatalistic indifference which dislikes to have its comfort disturbed....The most shameless greed, the most sickening industrial atrocities, the most appalling public scandals are exposed, but a half-cynical and wholly indifferent public passes them by with hardly a shrug of the shoulders; and they are lost in the medley of events. This is the great American sin.": Joseph Fort Newman, Atlantic Monthly, October 1922

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
Padraig said:
Iron discipline on display there, bassnation. Congratulations!

was talking about you, not to you. like i said, i don't have the time to read twenty pages of densely typed adolescent gibberish.

Padraig

Banned
bassnation said:
was talking about you, not to you.

Then take your pathetic ravings off this forum and into private E-mail [was talking to you, not about you].

bassnation said:
like i said, i don't have the time to read twenty pages of densely typed adolescent gibberish.

But you've plenty of time to write it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.