bruno

est malade
xtra*
havana
misty cold remix
future
jump up
raw to the core

*esp the incredibly intense version with gods gift, only god knows..

a tough decision, what with so many good tunes!

SMorlighem

Released Stuff :
- Anna
- All Day Long
- Underground
- Don't Trust
- Xtra
- No Bass

Unreleased stuff :
- Dirty Dangerous
- Merc Is
- I.D
- Palms

as named & heard on the awesome Rinsessions Ruff Sqwad CD
and I'll add the shamely still unreleased Late Night Creeping by Slicks & Ghetto.
Btw, Logan, do you know where Tinchy's On the Grind will be released ? I was expecting it on his mixtape...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Logan, you were talking to Ruff Sqwad about putting a CD like this together on your show this week. I've long thought a project like this signed to a big indie label like Warp, Planet Mu or XL would be amazing.

you'd have to convince Ruff Sqwad they shouldnt be holding out for £200,000 deal, but then no one's getting those now. to Ruff Sqwad their back cat isn't that valuable, since the vinyl sales are exhausted, but with decent international distribution a CD could open them up to international markets.

i saw this effect in d&b when the only artists large numbers of people in places like Japan or NZ would know were the big acts like Roni Size who had albums out in those local places, thanks to distribution.

what do you reckon the chances are of this happening?

S

simon silverdollar

i think no bass is a real return to form. some of their beats went a bit too minimal for me, or a while (xtra being an example)

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Gone -- by dirty and slicks!!!!!! Old tune
Down
Love u feel
Music to ur ears/jennifer
Palms
Allright
Cukoo
xtra
Check!
No Bass
I.D (by dirty)
The beat to ´I think I know him´
And there are a few of which i don´t know the name.
The tune co produced by Jackie P

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

all the ones people mentioned, plus most assertively the XTC beats like functions on the low and that one off the same EP, the bassline tune

DonRuba

Stocktown man
Pied Piper
and
R. U. Double F

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned these. Why?
Are they too old, too naive and simple or do people really find them mediocre? To me they're way above most of the beats they've done later on, although I like a lot of that stuff too.

S

simon silverdollar

DonRuba said:
Pied Piper
and
R. U. Double F

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned these. Why?
Are they too old, too naive and simple or do people really find them mediocre? To me they're way above most of the beats they've done later on, although I like a lot of that stuff too.

yeah pied piper's massive.

my favourite era of ruff sqwad beats, though, was the period where they're music was quite slow, and thick, and very densely melodic- stuff like ur love feels, and 'i can feel it coming'.

they do quite a few hip hop sounding beats now, especially rapid, and i'm not too into those.

Woebot

Blackdown said:
Logan, you were talking to Ruff Sqwad about putting a CD like this together on your show this week. I've long thought a project like this signed to a big indie label like Warp, Planet Mu or XL would be amazing.

you'd have to convince Ruff Sqwad they shouldnt be holding out for £200,000 deal, but then no one's getting those now. to Ruff Sqwad their back cat isn't that valuable, since the vinyl sales are exhausted, but with decent international distribution a CD could open them up to international markets.

i saw this effect in d&b when the only artists large numbers of people in places like Japan or NZ would know were the big acts like Roni Size who had albums out in those local places, thanks to distribution.

what do you reckon the chances are of this happening?

seconded. more than any other crew they could carry a roundup/sampler. it'd be stunning.

gumdrops

id love to see an instrumental ruff sqwad (with a few vocals) album. warpmart now sell grime stuff, its a shame they havent picked up any grime stuff to release on the label.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Of those released my faves are - all day long, pied piper, underground

They’re looking for a manager, if anyone’s interested?

bruno

est malade
Blackdown said:

something along the lines of the warp 10 compilations would be brilliant. to showcase the older material and new productions in a unified, generous format.

petergunn

plywood violin
pied piper
underground
xtra
whatever the name of the track is that's in the last 45 seconds of the Underground video
guns n roses

micmack

My Little Pony
Anna's got to top my list, then:
Underground
Jam Pie
Love U feel (for sampling waterboys)

Agree that a cd release could do really well for them