blunt

shot by both sides
droid said:
Thats an easy one. Government sponsored autopsies designed to measure the effects of the clandestine testing of radioactive, chemical and biological agents.

You see... that's what this thread is all about.

I love this shit... :)

corneilius

In a dysfunctional family, the members fall into various roles, the scapegoat, the black sheep, the perfect child, the nagging mother, the distant father and so on. They all PRETEND that their family is FINE, both to themselves and to others outside the family. They will do this unconsciously. And unawares, they become part of a conspiracy.

If one member of the family ever breaks the silent agreement to the pretense, the others will tend to overreact with shock, they will tend to blame the individual breaking the silence for the feelings they all now have to deal with.

Ina dysfunctional nation-state, there is the same possibility of various roles and the same unconscious pretense that 'our nation' is great and good. Those that 'rule' have a vested interest in maintaining that pretense, because their power depends on it. Those that are ruled also have a vested interest in maintaining the pretense, which is to be able to remain in their assumed 'comfort zone'.

In my view, I see two strands to the conspiracy debate above : there are those 'conspiracies' that are distractions, and there are those that maintain the status quo.

Our psychological tendency towards denial is one of these kinds of conspiracies. We know that millions of children die horrible, unneccessary deaths every year yet we do nothing about it.

Our acceptance of the lack of transparency of governance whilst kidding ourselves that live in a democracy is another. Our fascination with who did what, why, when, etc., is in the same grouping.

Which conspiracy is the most lethal of the two types?

Padraig

Banned
Yes, Corneilius, very well put.

[As an aside, I've always been fascinated by the deep chasm, the stark differences, conspiracy theory-wise, in the - still-ongoing - responses to the assassination of JFK on the one hand and the assassinations of RFK and Martin Luther King on the other, the latter two figures having had much more socially progressive policies than anything JFK ever presided over ...]

"What is public is propaganda, what is private is policy." ===>JFK

[ie. there are public conspiracies and then there are private ones, JFK having preferred both ...].

corneilius

Interesting point about the JFK - MLK conspiracy differences...

So, where are the 'positive' conspiracies? Was the 'Jesus' one of those? After all 'he', (whether he existed or not) as told in the tales, espoused compassion, empathy and selflessness. And Guatama Buddha, there's another benign conspiracy!

The idea of Alex Jones banging on about Guatama Buddha, Jesus et al - "Folks! It's all here, hidden in plain view! You are already One with the universe! All you gotta do is just be! Breathe in, breathe out! Don't worry about your mortgage, just get out there and feed those hungry children!"

I am not sure I am making any sense here! lol.

zhao

there are no accidents
jesus. I started reading that cattle mutilation report last night and it's pretty fucking creepy... not recommended reading right before bed! thanks a LOT Droid!

corneilius

the real deal

It's fucking interesting that more people will read about conspiracy theories and music stuff that the real deal~!

here's a fine resource for info in the Media from my friends at newsnow :

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Abolition+of+Parliament+Bill

read all about it!

Latest articles from around the world. The campaign is beginning to gather pace. We have a month to stop these madmen, before they take it to the third reading, after 'rephrasing' the bill.

The day of the reading might be a good day to go for an extended walk, if you know what I mean!?

More details soon.

And spread the word, folks!

If you wake up that is!

blunt

shot by both sides
Sorry to drag this thread back out of the sludge; but I couldn't help thinking about it with the media being full of news about the US Government finally releasing supposedly unseen footage of the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon.

Not sure how it differs from the footage they gave to CNN 3 years ago. Or how that sits with their claim that they couldn't possibly have released anything until now because of Moussaoui's trial. All very strange, and it just adds more fuel to the fire, if you ask me.

Whither conspiracy theories? Because of continual Government ineptitude and bullshit. Madness, I tell you!

adruu

This Is It
yeah this bugging me also. that footage is nothing different than what has been around. does anyone remember that when the pentagon released these frames first they had the wrong date on them?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
it makes no sense. no, it all makes far too much sense.

to paraphrase blake, "if the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will probably not really be believed for ages because it is just TOO HORRIBLE."

Townley

Conspiracy theories can be a kind of creative dissent. Perhaps this is part of the reason we find them interesting; because they're a form of creative endevour. Even (especially?) the outlandish ones are appealing, right? We want to suspend disbelief, just like we do when we read a novel.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Conspiracy theories are a major bugbear of mine

when it comes to political debate. For a number of reasons:

- they're inherently unfalsifiable; no matter how perfectly cogent your argument against a CT, the supporter will invariably turn around and say, as if he's just scored a major point, "Ahh, but that's just what they WANT you to think!";

- the 'they' in question is highly mutable and often, seemingly, irrelevant. Conspiracies can go arbitrarily 'high up'; if you say "but no academic/general/media figure/politician would ever say/do/allow that", the answer is simply that he/she/they are 'in on it';

- most importantly, for me, there's the fact that we KNOW that governments, big business and the military, around the world, are involved in any number of dodgy dealings and acts of corruption, human rights abuse and so on that there's no need to make any more up. After all, it's not a 'theory' to say (for example) that the mainstream media and news agencies in America have an overwhelming interest in supporting the Republicans - it's a well-known fact. Bush and his cronies are guilty of enough crimes that are well-documented and factually unchallenged without the need to accuse him of orchestrating 9/11 (a particular pet hate of mine).

(One final point, not intended as (entirely) facetious - why is it that neo-Nazis sometimes attempt to deny or play down the Holocaust, or that anyone seeking to do so is automatically labelled as a neo-Nazi? I'd have thought any true Nazi supporter would have said "Damn right we didn't kill 6 million Jews - it was TEN million!". Just a thought...)

Last edited:

toccowich

Tumbling Dice
I am not so interested about conspiracy...

Institutional, structural, and ideological causes are the most important factors I think. We have to insist on the universality of our political demands. On the one hand (and this is relatively less important) by focusing blame on one group/organization/institution, even if we can "prove" anything, the trail ends there. Look at how easily the Bush administration (one among a large cadre of awful world leaders) has managed to succesively shift blame for any one horrible debacle onto a small group of individuals. I don't care, nor should you, who caused this and who decided on that. I know, as do we all, what the real problems are. "Accountability" is merely the shuffling of blame or its diversion elsewhere. We need to confront the bigger picture always.

Be realistic, ask the impossible!

..theories , but I am interested about conspiracy facts.:

drugtradgreengfbnnttyx3.gif

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/svali_speaks.htm
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=DRUG+illuminati+nazism&btnG=Search
http://chtulthu.blogspot.com/
http://www.whale.to/b/alexander.html

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Great stuff there, swears. He articulates nicely a few thoughts I've had myself, inlcuding this sort of pomo-sci-fi idea of the 'meta-conspiracy theory' (CTs themselves are in fact disinformation propagated by the NWOJewLizards to distract us from their real, no doubt even more sinister, activities - whatever they are! :eek:).

Edit: ha, pre-empted by Droid by almost four years. I guess it's a pretty obvious idea really. Then again, maybe it was beamed into both our heads by Them...

Last edited: