Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Conspiracy Theories?

"The noösphere (noʊ.əsfɪər) is defined as the sphere of human thought. The word derives from the Greek νοῦς (nous "mind") and σφαῖρα (sphaira "sphere"), in lexical analogy to "atmosphere" and "biosphere". It was popularized by the 20th-century heretic, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin in 1922, with his theory on Cosmogenesis.

The noösphere can be considered a third successive layer or sphere of development of the planet Earth. The first, foundational sphere is the geosphere, or the planet herself, which is comprised of inanimate matter and geologic processes. The second sphere is the biosphere, or biological life. The third sphere… the noösphere… is the sphere of thought encircling the earth that has emerged through evolution as a consequence of growth in complexity of consciousness. Just as the emergence of life fundamentally transformed the geosphere, so did the emergence of human (as well as other species) cognition fundamentally transform the biosphere."
    https://tekgnostics.blogspot.co.uk/2...lture.html?m=1

Fucking gnostics, still banging on about the separation of body and mind. Was there really NO CONSCIOUSNESS OR THINKING going on in the biosphere "layer"?

Last edited by john eden; 28-09-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    you can see where the video pauses at 1:40 while they drag him off and inject him with hallucinogenic moon serum & when he comes back he starts making up his own definitions & spouting utter tosh about super-conspiragasms

while anti-semitism is serious, this man is a comedian,

there's this bizarre circular logic (in the video and all over the place) that equates conspiracy theorising with a sort of mass delusion, but you weren’t posting that one in seriousness, were you eden?

Nice deflection, Sufi, but it won’t work. Tell us where you stand on the Gnostic issue.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Nice deflection, Sufi, but it won’t work. Tell us where you stand on the Gnostic issue.
    i like a bit of gnosticism, but couldn't eat a whole one

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ircraft-attack this seems epic

Interesting. In Jonathan Meades's novel Pompey this crash is the result of a bomb planted by pieds-noirs (white Algerian) terrorists.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Always good to maintain a degree of healthy skepticism - but sometimes the truth just can't be refuted

Conspiratwats predictably losing their shit over the latest atrocity in the USA. Democrats in cahoots with Antifa and ISIS, apparently - no doubt organized by Killary Bomb'em Clinton herself at the behest of her paedozionist masters. This is where a half-century of postmodernism gets you. So fucking depressing.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 04-10-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    you can see where the video pauses at 1:40 while they drag him off and inject him with hallucinogenic moon serum & when he comes back he starts making up his own definitions & spouting utter tosh about super-conspiragasms

while anti-semitism is serious, this man is a comedian,

there's this bizarre circular logic (in the video and all over the place) that equates conspiracy theorising with a sort of mass delusion, but you weren’t posting that one in seriousness, were you eden?
    I've just watched this and was waiting for the bit where he "goes mad".

Which he doesn't. He's absolutely fucking spot on. Everything he says about conspiracism is demonstrably true. I've been saying this all along: the distinction between 'wacky' conspiracy theories and deadly serious ones is completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    And it was only at the public execution of John F Kennedy - that is, with the eruption of conspiracy fact into public consciousness - that conspiracy theory became a disreputable subject. Until then, such talk could be heard from, and even encouraged by, some of America's most senior officials.
    The incumbent POTUS has publicly described manmade climate change as a Chinese hoax intended to hobble American industry. Alex Jones is probably the most influential broadcaster in the USA right now. Everyone, of whatever notional political allegiance, is convinced they are "woke" to a terrible secret that most people aren't in on. You're a prime example yourself, and I appreciate the irony that I'm demonstrating the same basic characteristic just by writing this.

If there ever was a period when conspiracy theories were the sole preserve of twitching weirdos and dreadlocked stoners, those days are long gone. It's mainstream culture now. I was about to rip it out of the author of this piece but then I noticed it's from 2005. What a difference twelve years makes. Still, the early signs were there, even back then.

By the way, two signs for the discomforted, who may be gauging the storm signals:

I've received an email with an unconfirmed report, though from a reputedly good source, that "last week the government bought up all of the available iodine [ie, potassium iodide] in stock for treating radioactive poisoning."

And, according to the latest issue of The American Conservative:

The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States. Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing--that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack--but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections.

Be seeing you.
    http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=2973

Still waiting, loool!

its a great site. i highly reccommend reading all of the posts there

There is certainly something to what he says in that piece, it just seems massively out of date by now.

just read through the entire site methodically