version

FBI agents swarm Jeffrey Epstein's private Caribbean island - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-epstein-s-private-caribbean-island-n1041596

FBI agents raided Jeffrey Epstein's private island in the Caribbean on Monday in a vivid display that the probe into his alleged sex trafficking ring is continuing despite his death.

A swarm of federal agents was seen fanning out across Little St. James in golf carts about 10:30 a.m.

"We were just trying to look at pretty fish and swim with turtles and here we are in the middle of an FBI raid," said Kelly Quinn, the owner of Salty Dog Day Sails, who was running a sailing charter in the area.

"This has been something on our radar for years," Quinn added. "We're all really curious why it's happening now."

Two senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation confirmed that the FBI launched a search of Epstein's private island home off the coast of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Some guy's been flying a drone over the island and uploading the footage to YouTube too:

version

Also this iMac was apparently removed some time between July 17 and July 28 and no FBI raid was announced during that time...

bgrg1kg094f31.jpg

version

Scrutiny of Epstein’s death and co-conspirators intensifies - https://apnews.com/3fb3c24d08d0491d893008194b1a9299

NEW YORK (AP) — Amid revelations about the circumstances around Jeffrey Epstein’s death, federal authorities have intensified parallel inquiries into what went wrong at the Manhattan jail where he was behind bars and who now may face charges for assisting or enabling him in what authorities say was his rampant sexual abuse of underage girls.

One of the new details provided by people familiar with the Metropolitan Correctional Center was that one of Epstein’s guards the night he died in his cell wasn’t a regular correctional officer.

Serene Gregg, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 3148, told The Washington Post that one of the guards was a fill-in who had been pressed into service because of staffing shortfalls.

In addition, Epstein was supposed to have been checked on by a guard about every 30 minutes. But investigators have learned those checks weren’t done for several hours before Epstein was found, according to one of the people familiar with the episode. That person was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

A second person familiar with operations at the jail said Epstein was found with a bedsheet around his neck. That person also wasn’t authorized to disclose information about the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

version

Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s neck, deepening questions around his death - https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html?noredirect=on

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived.

Attorney General William P. Barr, whose department oversees the Bureau of Prisons facility where Epstein died, has described his death as an “apparent suicide.” Justice officials declined to comment on the new information from Epstein’s autopsy.

The office of New York City’s chief medical examiner, Barbara Sampson, completed an autopsy of Epstein’s body Sunday. But Sampson listed the cause of his death as pending.

Sampson’s office did not comment on the injuries found in the autopsy.

droid

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeffre...ing-he-died-metropolitan-correctional-center/

On the morning of Jeffrey Epstein's death there was shouting and shrieking from his jail cell, a source familiar with the situation told CBS News. Corrections officers attempted to revive him while saying "breathe, Epstein, breathe."

Congress is the latest to start investigating Epstein's apparent suicide over the weekend, with new reports raising questions about the federal jail where he was being held. One of Epstein's guards at the Metropolitan Correctional Center on the night he died was reportedly not a regular corrections officer.

Leo

Why Does 8chan Exist at All?

long but interesting, others here probably already know the whole backstory but lots of this was news to me.

depressingly maps out some contributing factors behind in the rise of the alt-right, trump, mass shootings. considering the state of the world, it's hard to see how to combat it and pull people out of their various rabbit holes of resentment and hate.

version

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Jeffrey Epstein’s gal pal Ghislaine Maxwell spotted at In-N-Out Burger in first photos since his death https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/jeffr...-n-out-burger-in-first-photos-since-his-death

Once spotted, Maxwell — who was sitting alone with a pet pooch — told an onlooker: “Well, I guess this is the last time I’ll be eating here!”

A source told The Post that a daily regular took the photo.

“He’s at In-N-Out every single day,” the source said. “He went up to her and asked, ‘Are you who I think you are?’ She replied, ‘Yes, I am.'”

Maxwell was reading a book called “The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives” and seemed resigned to having her picture snapped, the source said.

“She was perfectly friendly, very lovely.”

Maxwell has been underground for months — and has not been pictured in public since 2016.

Asked how the photographer knew who Maxwell was, the source said: “If you’ve had the TV on, you know who she is, how could you miss her?”

i don't understand anything any more, how is all of this real

version

Some guy claiming to have been Epstein's bodyguard just gave a bizarre interview to NY Mag:

Jeffrey Epstein’s Bodyguard on His Former Boss’s Lifestyle, Cruelty, Suicide - https://nymag.com/intelligencer/201...-bodyguard-igor-zinoviev-on-his-old-boss.html

I get that. But you and I have a history at this point. One thing you told me, for instance — okay, one thing you told me is he got a heads up when the authorities were going to come to his house the night before.

Listen, what you say is between you and me —

You told me he would get phone calls the night before and eight o’clock the police are going to come. He would get a heads up from local police.

[Silence.]

You told me that, Igor. Want me to read the quote?

Well, you can read whatever you want right now. Don’t just — you can put yourself in big trouble.

You said: “He always do something wrong. There was some nights in question. There was at home arrest and police, before they come to the house, they call him and tell him they coming in at eight o’clock in the morning. It’s all corruption you know. It’s all bullshit.”

Listen, don’t put yourself in trouble. Seriously.

We talked about this.

I understand we got this.

I’m telling you to give you a chance to remember because we talked about this stuff. I know it’s hard. I don’t know what you mean about “put myself in trouble.”

Let that go. Seriously. Let that go.

Why is it so important? Are you worried about the local cops?

Listen, you’re really smart and I’m not going to offer that over the phone right now, okay? You’re really smart. You have no idea. Please!

What do you mean by that?

I can’t explain you. I can’t explain you over the phone any of this.

You said that last time. And we didn’t talk for years. You can tell the world who this guy was. You were with him for a long time. You know what I mean?

[Silence.]

I totally understand that you think he could have had help committing suicide.

First of all, I have to go right now. I have another client.

Still training people?

Yes. But just be careful. I’m not kidding.

What’s your email so I can send you —

Don’t do any kind of that stuff. Just don’t play it. Seriously.

Can you tell me why?

I can’t. I can’t.

May I ask you one more question?

Go ahead.

Have you been talking to anyone in the government, the FBI? Have they come to you?

[Long pause] Um. Great talking to you. Seriously. We talk later.

Really?

Bye.

All right.

Bye.

version

Hold on. When did you find out he died?

Saturday or Sunday or whenever.

What did you think when you found that out?

What did I think?

Yeah.

Are you sure you want to hear what I am going to think?

Yeah.

Somebody helped him to do that.

You think somebody helped him kill himself?

Yeah.

Okay. Why?

Listen, you know, that’s going a little too deep.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some guy claiming to have been Epstein's bodyguard just gave a bizarre interview to NY Mag:

Jeffrey Epstein’s Bodyguard on His Former Boss’s Lifestyle, Cruelty, Suicide - https://nymag.com/intelligencer/201...-bodyguard-igor-zinoviev-on-his-old-boss.html

Can we just take a moment to savour the image of this massive hench Russian MMA dude teaching billionaire celebrity supernonce Epstein how to defend himself by kicking would-be assailants in the knees (and then, presumably, running away):

What would you teach him?

Basic workout. Lift weights. And a little practicing some self-defense stuff.

Like karate?

Like boxing and kicking, knees.

Last edited: