droid

This is all true. A verifiable documented web of corruption, dark ops, rape and blackmail going back 70 years. No need for a satanic cult.

droid

Its a good article. Brings me back to the halcyon days, arguing with neocon scum, getting banned from LGF... a time of disgust rather than horror.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was just thinking back to when I saw that Loose Change documentary (should that be in inverted commas?) and was blown away and CERTAIN it was all true.

I'm so gullible that I think I've erected sceptical barriers against any conspiracy theory, but in the process I'm probably far too gullible when it comes to official narratives.

droid

Because there's almost nothing new here. Meyer Lansky and the OSS, mob involvement with CIA plots against Castro, Hoover, the FBI and sexual entrapment... Roy Cohn's blackmail operations. These are all things that've been exposed in court cases, declassified documents, investigations, journalism... ive read across all this stuff before and as far as I can tell all the info she's using is in the public domain.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/shocking-origins-jeffrey-epstein-blackmail-roy-cohn/260621/

craner

Beast of Burden
So this Whitney Webb is just compiling old news and linking it to Epstein because it seems similar? How is this one working?

droid

Read the articles. There a direct links between the mob, intelligence agencies, various extortion operations and Epstein's activities, going back decades and involving the same personalities and networks of people.

The blackmail continuum you might call it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What's everyone's opinion of "Nick", the star witness/"victim" in the posthumous Ted Heath paedo investigation? He's been sent down for perverting the course of justice and, ironically, being literally a pervert. Of course, that doesn't in itself make Heath innocent. And this all links into the "satanic ritual abuse" panic that was widespread in the 80s and 90s.

It's the old thing: while "no smoke without fire" is obviously bollocks, the fact that some smoke has been proven to be fake does not mean there were never any real fires.

craner

Beast of Burden
What was Peter's role then? Presumably he wasn't into the girls himself, unless the whole being gay thing was a nefarious cover.

Leo

This is all true. A verifiable documented web of corruption, dark ops, rape and blackmail going back 70 years. No need for a satanic cult.

I wanna believe...but there's LOTS of guilt-by-association here. "one of Epstein's clients was person A, who's an associate of person B" and "person X, who has ties to person Y, ..." those kinds of things call for further investigation but in and of themselves don't actually prove anything. a little too much circumstantial evidence -- which may eventually be proven true -- to come to any conclusions.

sure, it seems like this particular sex crime ring should not be pinned solely on Epstein, and that blackmail was at the heart of it. but she doesn't concretely connect enough dots.

Leo

I once pissed in a urinal adjacent to one being used by the chairman of KPMG, guess that gives me "ties to the highest levels of global finance".

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's interesting that (some) people probably can't get worked up over the multitude of crimes these people are committing (tax evasion, e.g.) - it's only when child-abuse is involved that they become outraged. There's something simliar going on in a lot of conspiracy theories, maybe. E.G. 9-11 conspiracy theories - the alleged culprits are committing numerous crimes that aren't anywhere near as violent as deliberately planning an atrocity, but the atrocity idea galvanises people. I've always thought there was this weird thing with conspiracy theories where there IS a real darkness, a real conspiracy, but it's not the dramatic, TV/movie -esque conspiracy that the tinfoil people go in for.

(Saying all this I''m not denying that there are paedophile rings high up.)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Like that accuser Tea mentioned upthread. I remember those stories about MPs strangling boys to death and running them over for fun etc. Never seemed that credible, but a small part of me didn't just believe that it had happened but WANTED to believe it HAD.

61UVo1K2iVL._SY679_.jpg

luka

What people choose to believe is interesting. Part of the problem today is that we all assume that we are being lied to all the time about everything and that we are being psychologically manipulated at all times and that there are a multitude of false fronts and bad actors, saboteurs, agitators, astroturf this that and the other (eg this recent story https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/16/uk/woke-counter-terrorism-facebook-intl-gbr/index.html or this weird thing https://www.theverge.com/interface/...ambassadors-fulfillment-center-disinformation or the similar pr armies employed by governments around the world, most notoriously Russia and Israel)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can't find the quote I want but it reminds me of what Ballard said about reality being fiction now

“Electronic aids, particularly domestic computers, will help the inner migration, the opting out of reality. Reality is no longer going to be the stuff out there, but the stuff inside your head. It's going to be commercial and nasty at the same time.”
― J.G. Ballard