Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1251

Thread: Why Conspiracy Theories?

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    Falun Gong =/= "strange little group"
    That was just how the person on Reddit who posted the article described them in that little write-up. I dunno anything about them beyond what's in that article.

they've protested across the street from the Chinese consulate in New York every day for years. all ages, kids and senior citizen, holding signs and doing tai-chi (or something).

Didn't put a link upthread so...

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources...isode-guide-1/

I listened to the last episode of this last night. Very affecting as it had a few accounts from people whose families were murdered in the crash.

Well worth a listen, as it's paced like a thriller and I find these real world accounts of forensic investigations fascinating.

At least one camera in the hallway outside the cell where authorities say registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein killed himself earlier this month had footage that is unusable, although other, clearer footage was captured in the area, according to three people briefed on the evidence gathered earlier this month.

It was not immediately clear why some video footage outside Epstein's cell is too flawed for investigators to use or what is visible in the other, usable footage. The incident is being investigated by the FBI and the Justice Department's inspector general's office, which are attempting to determine what happened and how to assess whether any policies were violated or crimes committed.

The footage is considered critical to those inquiries, and the revelation of an unusable recording is yet another of the apparent failures inside the Metropolitan Correctional Center, the short-staffed Bureau of Prisons facility in downtown Manhattan that held Epstein.

It's unclear whether the flaw in the taping affected a limited duration of the footage or whether it was a chronic problem in the beleaguered facility.

A Bureau of Prisons spokesman declined to comment, as did spokespeople for the FBI, the Justice Department and the U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan.

The people who spoke about the footage requested anonymity, citing the ongoing probe.

the craziest part is that while all signs point to a conspiracy and murder, that facility is so shitty and incompetently run that there's actually an outside chance that it was all just an innocent convergence of mistakes, neglect and malfunctioning equipment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

ah sorry was already posted in the football thread.

what do you guys think it is about?

Stem cells? Complete bollocks?

His opening line is from King Lear.

He is speaking of the new improvement of genetic engineering through CRISPR CAS9. Many scientists believe that we will soon be able to edit any genetical disease out of our genome. They also believe that will be able to edit the genes of ageing. Maybe virtually making us immortal... at least not being able to die from disease or ageing. [It's part of transhumanism movements, but there's science behind it, maybe by the end of the century it will be a reality!] Then the only way to die will be through accident, crimes and wars... Then Cantona mentions that crimes and wars are multiplying [which is factually wrong but I think he's speaking of the potential increase in wars due to the ecological and climatic collapse that awaits us]. Football is helping him to keep hope in humanity that's why he loves it!

"As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport?", It's apparently a quote from Shakespeare. Naughty boys ("wanton boys") kill "flies" for "sport" (meaning for fun). Therefore this quote is saying that gods kill people for fun, because to them we are like the bugs are to the boys...

so, all together the train of though is:- Gods kill us for their fun- But the Science will allow us to challenge them, we'll become immortal like them- But the wars and crimes will still kill us- Football is our salvation!

edit: as u/RonaldinhoOnTheBeach mentioned, he's probably being ironic at the end. "I love Football" is sarcastic in the sense that as humans we could be becoming immortal but the crimes and wars will raise, blocking us from reaching that goal and football is used as a distraction!
    I met him once in a bar in Brittany. We were both super drunk.
    Honestly I didn't recognized him and asked him what he was doing in his life. I was with a scottish girl and she was like jumping histerically telling me "this is eric container"... I dunno how to write the scot accent. She made me took a picture of her with him, which I found weird because I was too drunk to recognize that it was Eric Cantona. But anyway, the day after, when I sobered up she showed me the picture. And then I finally connected and was like "Wtf! that was Eric Cantona!!!". I mean, I'm born in the 80s, so when I was a kid he was a big player. Man U was my fav team back then, with Giggs, Cantona, Keane... I was a fan. I got the opportunity to drink with him but I didn't even realized it! Was fun tho and I'm sure he appreciated that someone was interacting with him as if he was a complete random at a bar!

"Eric Container."

Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

and of course, Netanyahu blaming the media/fake news for his situation (I guess technically not a loss yet, still too close).

Former Danske Estonia boss found dead amid money laundering inquiry - https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-da...-idUKKBN1WA0TQ

TALLINN (Reuters) - A former head of Danske Bank’s (DANSKE.CO) Estonian branch, who was a witness in an investigation into alleged money laundering, has been found dead by police in Estonia.

Danske Bank is under investigation in several countries, including the United States, Denmark, Britain and Estonia, over suspicious payments totaling 200 billion euros ($220 billion) moved through its tiny Estonian branch between 2007 and 2015.

Police in Estonia had been searching since Monday for Aivar Rehe, who ran Danske Bank’s Estonian business during this period. They said he had not been seen since he left his home in Tallinn, Estonia’s capital.

“There are no signs of violence on the corpse, and there is no indication of an accident ... There will be no investigation opened,” police said in a statement on Wednesday. Rehe’s body had been found near his home, they added.

A spokeswoman for Estonian prosecutor’s office said Rehe was a witness, not a suspect, in a case opened in December 2018 against 10 former Danske Bank employees which involved alleged money laundering of around 300 million euros.