luka

paranoids are the antennae of the human race to repurpose ezra pound
it's very difficult, probably impossible, for them to discriminate noise from signal which is why it's easier to dismiss it all as insanity

luka

yes that is the real high level insanity going on today. tracy twyman is a good guide to it. glad youve discovered it. its 1000 times more creative and weird than say jeff vandermeer for example.

droid

Its like the pure essence of conspiracy, just endless questions and winks with no answers. An orborous.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Wow, that is impressive, even for the fever dream dark speculative fiction reality we currently inhabit. Truly the world is a strange, sad place in 2018. I know I should be used to it, but I still find myself consistently impressed by the ability of the internet to nurture these hothouse flowers, and it's power as a medium to magnify their hall of mirrors, internally consistent lunacies.

OTOH, same as it ever was. I imagine there's a fascinating dissertation waiting to written, or probably already written, on the history of mass communications technology and populist hysteria, going back to personal radio ownership and the rise of fascism in the 1930s, or if you want all the way back to the printing press and the more radical strains of the Reformation.

padraig (u.s.)

Also, thanks luka (+ droid). Your enduring conspiracy advocacy is one of the quirks that keeps me periodically returning to dissensus.

padraig (u.s.)

actually luka if you've never gotten into John Titor it's pretty great

late 90s pre-millennial dread greatest hits (Mad Cow, Waco, Y2K, militias) plus time travel, CERN, black holes, civil war, multiple realities, all executed at a very high level

would definitely have been a huge hit on four chan

cwmbran-city

it seems to be something related to a lack of political agency, new forms of digital media & information overload

add the good ol' fashioned realpolitik of assassinations, space exploration, ufo's, terrorism, govt intelligence agendas & misinformation drip feeding, compounded by the internet, technological innovation & media saturation

youlube has definitely contributed, mein gott you can traverse endless bs rabbit holes on there alone, but the worst aspects are parasitic narcissists who prey on ignorance, eg: ancient aliens, Alex c*nt-head Jones, David played for Coventry City FC turquoise Icke & Graham Hancock (sp?)

the latter is the worst imho, because he continues to undermine valid science & archaeological facts with his incessant wankfest into lost civilizations & forgotten knowledge

Alex Jones is just a length, a uniquely American product for a uniquely paranoid, delusional & poorly educated domestic audience, he's an American problem so his bs doesnt have the gravitas it could do here in Britain (as an example)

there are plots, ie the murder of Caesar, JFK, 9-11 etc & then there's the raft of new-media rabbit hole pedants, like Eddie Bravo & his stoned as fk flat earth diatribe paranoia (and i believe in cannabis)

just a tuppence-worth's due to old friends who repeatedly email me "Jimmy Savile was a Wizard" & "Leeds is gateway to Hell" lols from forums, memes and vids, but these are mostly for chuckle's sakes

some of it is v intriguing, like Savile & Ted Heath, where it would be easy to say there are institutional conspiracies concerning child sexual exploitation, but then you click on youlube to watch/listen or find some random tune/vid & the recommendation algorithms spam you with Eddie Bravo's newest take on dinosaurs being fake

entertainment + facts x square root of sketchiness = a conspiracy

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Luka had better watch himself before he falls any further down the conspiracy rabbit hole and ends up like this person:

roids.jpg

(assuming, that is, it's not actually him in the story)