Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's Looking Extremely Likely That QAnon Is A Leftist Prank On Trump Supporters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ing-extremely-likely-that-qanon-is-probably-a

Argues that QAnon is a prank by someone conversant with Luther Blissett's superb novel "Q". Includes input from the authors.

I just read this. The idea that it's a prank "intended to make the far right look stupid" is appealing, but could any purpose be more redundant? In another piece I read about it the other day, QAnon's popularity and credibility (to his fans) were apparently not harmed when the date came and went that he'd earmarked for the release of a video showing Hillary Clinton "chopping off a child's face"... :rolleyes:

droid

Dm9zpbOXcAAXk-B.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just when you thought the plot couldn't get any thicker:

The Dutch government expelled two alleged Russian spies this year after they were accused of planning to hack into a Swiss chemicals laboratory where novichok nerve agent samples from the Salisbury attack were analysed, it has emerged.

The men were arrested in The Hague this spring as part of an operation involving British, Swiss and Dutch intelligence agencies.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...over-alleged-novichok-laboratory-hacking-plot

version

Study shows 60% of Britons believe in conspiracy theories - https://www.theguardian.com/society...-60-of-britons-believe-in-conspiracy-theories

Sixty per cent of British people believe at least one conspiracy theory about how the country is run or the veracity of information they have been given, a major new study has found, part of a pattern of deep distrust of authority that has become widespread across Europe and the US.

In the UK, people who supported Brexit were considerably more likely to give credence to conspiracy theories than those who opposed it, with 71% of leave voters believing at least one theory compared with 49% of remain voters.

Almost half (47%) of leave voters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants live in the UK, versus 14% of remain voters. A striking 31% of leave voters believed that Muslim immigration was part of a wider plot to make Muslims the majority in Britain, a conspiracy theory that originated in French far-right circles that was known as the “great replacement”. The comparable figure for remain voters was 6%.

The disparities between those who voted for Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the US was even more stark, where 47% of Trump voters believed that man-made global warming was a hoax, compared with 2.3% of Clinton voters.

version

One of the best I've heard is that Disney titled a film Frozen so that it would bury all the search results about Walt and cryogenics.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
One of the best I've heard is that Disney titled a film Frozen so that it would bury all the search results about Walt and cryogenics.

That would be awesome if true! Not very watertight as a theory though, I mean how hard is it to google "walt disney cryogenics"?

Edit: *sad trombone*

waltcryo.jpg

Last edited:

version

How many people even know the term 'cryogenics' though? You know the majority are just gonna search "Walt Disney Frozen".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At least his clandestine plan to replace the British royal family with a pride of lions remains top secret.

DannyL

Wild Horses

Christ, that's so horrible. How depressing.

I think the thing that gets me about conspiracies is people assume that they're ideology free 'cos they don't fall into standard party political left/right boxes. For their advocates they take on the status of revealed truth. But they aren't they all have a ideological bent from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion onwards.

Don't know if anyone is following the Qanon stuff but that's beserk.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think luka's quite into it, predictably.

Apparently the passing of the scheduled date for the release of a video showing Hillary Clinton cutting off a child's face has done little to dent the number of people who believe all of it. I still see little hand-written stickers with "research #Qanan" on them stuck to zebra crossings and stuff like that. Some of them look like they're pretty recent.