Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Walker

Really listened to Nite Flights for the first time yesterday. Scott's songs on it are astonishing. Those 'Eastern' strings in the middle of the title track kill me...

...and kill me and kill me...

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Blimey! Had no idea there was a Scott thread. Massive fan over here.

Did anyone go to see that dance piece with new Scott music? I heard an extract and it seemed pretty cool. More interesting than that other dance piece he did a while back.

Amazed to here that someone here has a connection to the great man's wife. Did I even read that right? I kinda thought he was gay.

Did anyone else cop the book The Wire did?

I'm kinda fucked up by Ian Penman's stuff. I now have to probably get his book of collected writing. Any hint of what I'm in for?

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    Did anyone else cop the book The Wire did?
    I'm kinda fucked up by Ian Penman's stuff. I now have to probably get his book of collected writing. Any hint of what I'm in for?
    The book is a pretty good read for Scott fans but there's nothing revelatory in there.

Meanwhile....

New album on 4AD due December 3. And it's called.... "Bish Bosch"? Can this possibly be for real?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bish-Bosch-V...046871-1236910

Edit: Huh! Apparently...

http://pitchfork.com/news/47950-scot...-date-surface/

Default criminy jickets

stumbled on this - the most recent Amazon review of that Wire-convened Scott Walker anthology No Regrets:

James J. ********
    5.0 out of 5 stars The Implicitly White Genius of Scott Walker

February 17, 2014
    Format: Hardcover

Even if my review at the Counter-Currents blog hasn't convinced you that Scott Walker is the ultimate White musician and worthy of your attention for that reason alone, this book will appeal to anyone with an interest in the mechanics of the post-war pop music industry or just some damned fine cultural writing. It’s really quite exciting to see such implicitly White music, both avant garde and MOR, receiving serious critical attention. White Nationalists should be heartened by it, and should encourage this unexpected entry point into the mainstream by purchasing multiple copies for family and friends!

^^^^^^

do i dare look at this Counter-Currents (alt-right and nu-fash publisher) review of No Regrets?

oh dear... references to the Judaic music industry, Walker as the model of an Aryan musician, and he seems particularly taken with Ian Penman's essay defending of the M.O.R. era early 70s ultrabland Scott

Unfortunately there is a logistical reason why someone might think that about Walker as he's always taken pains with the 2nd career to erase R&B inflection and kind of make a sound that's lean and without groove. Which in itself is v. white and austere.

Now his motivations for doing so? Not quite the same as this guy's projecting...