things you have noticed.

rewch

IdleRich said:
This is a weird one. Every day I go to work and back on the 242 bus from Hackney to New Oxford Street and sit on the top deck. On top of many of the bus stops between the West End and Kingsland Road on both sides of the road someone has placed a peculiar object - something that is about the same size as and looks like a plastic potato with a load of brightly coloured plastic pins sticking out of it. I'm wondering if it's some kind of art project or something because I can't think of any other explanation.

have seen them too... but clueless too...

borderpolice

IdleRich said:
On top of many of the bus stops between the West End and Kingsland Road on both sides of the road someone has placed a peculiar object - something that is about the same size as and looks like a plastic potato with a load of brightly coloured plastic pins sticking out of it.

I've seen them too. the one saw had a fat electric wire attached. i though maybe environmental/pollution monitoring. might also be a communication device of sorts for the public transport network. would like to know more!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I've seen them too. the one saw had a fat electric wire attached."
Slightly worrying as one of my friends said that he originally thought that they were bombs and seriously considered calling the police. I reckon it's some kind of art project and it will all be revealed eventually although it will probably be quite easy to miss.
Failing that I might just climb up on top and see what they are.

Lichen

A cross section of society

A porta-cabin public toilet replete with cottagers' stick your nob in here type graffiti going round a roundabout on the back of a lorry with the front wall missing to reveal aforementioned graffiti

bruno

est malade
walked past a nurse guiding an old lady today, nodded to both, looked fixedly into the old woman's eyes and for a split second i pictured her as a young girl. it was a sobering thought.

Lichen

bruno said:
walked past a nurse guiding an old lady today, nodded to both, looked fixedly into the old woman's eyes and for a split second i pictured her as a young girl. it was a sobering thought.

I know those birds!

Used to see them on my way to work.

nomos

Administrator
tornado_nguyen_big.jpg

sufi

lala
little clouds of midges dancing on the tops of tall trees in aliskander palace park like magic smoke signals or faeries spelling out the 99 names

Lichen

A poster on a train advertising a medievil extravaganza at Berkeley Castle to include:

"Peasant Pelting and wandering lepers" :eek:

borderpolice

borderpolice said:
I've seen them too. the one saw had a fat electric wire attached. i though maybe environmental/pollution monitoring. might also be a communication device of sorts for the public transport network. would like to know more!

here they are, glowing at night too. what on earth ????

[why dont the images show up directly???]

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
These two dogs, a Larador and I think a Collie that wander around every morning down the road from my house, sometimes in a field by the train station. They look healthy and calm, definately not strays. It's weird that whoever owns them just lets them go for a little walk together on their own everyday.

martin

----
A social services van with a guy in the back, face completely scarred up and burnt and wearing a plastic bubble helmet. Stops you whinging about the fact you've just messed up a DIY decoration job on your flat and have to start all over again.