things you have noticed.

S

simon silverdollar

- a man stepping outside his door, immediately seeing 2 policemen walking down the road, and then diving straight back into his house.

the policemen didn't notice.

Jim Daze

a man on a high powered motorcycle with a blacked out visor weaving from side to side down the street ,outside college in Stockwell, when he got near the bloke standing next to me as we stood in the middle of the road, he gestured as if to shoot him, at the same time his exhaust back fired with a loud bang, as if he could control it. I nearly shat myself, but then I am a big pussy........ :eek:

grimly fiendish

that - in glasgow at least - citroen C3s are without exception driven by imbeciles who shouldn't be allowed within a million miles of a main road. honestly. every time i see one, i can guarantee the driver's going to do something idiotic, often in my general vicinity. i'm getting quite paranoid about it.

mms

sometimes
oliver craner said:
strange white lights swirling around?

yeah alll over central london up to pimlico, i think its a christmas thing from somewhere in oxford street.
does it say anything tho or is it just a pattern that thru some supporting television and advertising campaign will shortly be burnt onto my brain if i pay it too much attention.

xero

was minusone
mms said:
yeah alll over central london up to pimlico, i think its a christmas thing from somewhere in oxford street.
does it say anything tho or is it just a pattern that thru some supporting television and advertising campaign will shortly be burnt onto my brain if i pay it too much attention.

it's for the olympic bid

grimly fiendish

minusone said:
it's for the olympic bid

what, a trial run for "look how much money we can waste on something pointless nobody really cares about or understands"?

:)

(i'm joking. i'd be delighted if london got the games, to be honest)

owen

fuck, I wouldn't.

Yesterday I noticed a bearded man in a motorised wheelchair zipping down the old kent rd, said wheelchair was covered with a red canvas tent-ish thing, with a dog on a lead attached to each side.

rewch

tweed

man on tube this morning...(no evidence of vagrancy)...wearing tweed trousers inside out...tweed jacket did not match said trousers

sufi

lala
2 recent brixton market things

• I found a 1/2 penny on the ground, who dropped that eh? did it fall thru a time warp?
  • a notice (which i noticed,) it had a picture of some shoes and it said:
    LOST
    have you lost a pair of shoes which were found in a bin on bellefields road, if so please call XXX XXX

Last edited:

xero

was minusone
4 ducks standing in a row on the edge of the towpath chatting - half an hour later I passed by again and they were still at it

martin

----
I've only just noticed that 98% of minicab drivers are highly dangerous sex offenders. Thank fuck the Mayor's not slacking! Good on you Ken - we'll nail these rapist beasts

grimly fiendish

this picture of john knox on the wall of the world's end pub in edinburgh, which for a fraction of a second presented itself to my addled mind as some else entirely

knox.jpg

0,1020,258944,00.jpg

mms

sometimes
martin said:
I've only just noticed that 98% of minicab drivers are highly dangerous sex offenders. Thank fuck the Mayor's not slacking! Good on you Ken - we'll nail these rapist beasts

that adverts a bit brutal isn't it.
had the pleasure of a tiefing mini cab driver once and it was most unpleasant, got away without being hurt or robbed tho.

sufi

lala
minicabs:
it's well brutal = shock treatment
& zero useful info about how to distinguish licensed minicab from unlicensed...

noticed:
a gang of seagulls up & down our street this afternoon
compact hurtling white hooligans, compared to the shabby apathetic pigeons or plump smug magpies, who all seemed to be keeping heads down

Melmoth

Bruxist
sufi said:
  • a notice (which i noticed,) it had a picture of some shoes and it said:

I've seen something similar on the Walworth road. I've got an awful feeling that its supposed to be 'conceptual' art.

mms

sometimes
sufi said:
minicabs:
it's well brutal = shock treatment
& zero useful info about how to distinguish licensed minicab from unlicensed...

absolutley, totally destructive in so many ways, especially as licenced cabs don't have the power or cash to do adverts defending themselves.
I got a cab last night to a party cos i had a big bag of records and a bad back and the taxi driver told me he hated his job, he also told me he spoke 3 fluent languages, though he said he didn't want to bother looking for another job cos he did it some time ago and got knocked back alot because he was turkish.
seems a bit mad to me but it's easy to feel this way. he also said i seemed as if i couldn't be from london, well spotted ;)

jd_

Sometime last week I watched four strangers cross a busy street together. They moved close together and in unison like a flock of birds until they were safe when they instantly broke apart without acknowledging each other and went their seperate ways.

Last edited: