things you have noticed.

Jim Daze

George Melley walking down a street in Shepards Bush wearing a brightly coloured velour robe in the fashion of Sun Ra.

Jim Daze

A homless guy carrying a bag full of old tennis rackets early morning Charing Cross Rd,

dozens of green woodpeckers in the nature park at Waltham Abbey,

a mouse on the arm of my sofa as I awoke from a doze.

originaldrum

from start till done
an egg was thrown at my house the other night during halloween!

we weren't even home!

don't kids know the rules

now i'm sus on everykid i see

jd_

Dr Phil just had four well dressed, middle aged white women on their hands and knees beating office chairs on his stage. They were sobbing and yelling "It's not my fault!"at the chairs while they punched them. One woman stood up and threw hers at the ground repeatedly, trying to destroy it. None of the chairs were damaged in any way, and one by one he hugged them and told them it was going to be ok and they stopped their attacks. Then he told them that tomorrow was going to be one of the most important days in their lives and for them to "Come prepared to be real".

dogger

Sweet Virginia
HMGovt said:
There's a bloke who rides around Cambridge town centre with tinny, unidentifiable (possibly hardcore punk) music coming out of a tesco bag mounted on his handlebars. His right hand is always in the bag, twiddling. He's been doing this for at least three years and he's still doing it now.

It's not Syd Barrett is it? :)

owen

Conversation overheard in Salavation Army charity shop, Deptford High St.

youth in hooded top walks up to the counter and asks the elderly, very upright, very sally army shop assistant (who is listening to marching bands on the stereo)
'do you have any musical instruments?'
'er, which ones?'
'any, anything that makes music.'
'what sort of music? classical? pop? marching band? (turns up and points to music as if to demonstrate)'
'any, any music.'
'i think we might have a french horn in one of the other shops'
'what is that?'
(shop assistant mimes and describes french horn)
'yeah i'll get that!'
'but what do you want it for?' (shop assistant increasingly dubious of youth's intentions)
'i want to learn it!'

(i think he's ordering it in now)

PeteUM

It's all grist
HMGovt said:
There's a bloke who rides around Cambridge town centre with tinny, unidentifiable (possibly hardcore punk) music coming out of a tesco bag mounted on his handlebars. His right hand is always in the bag, twiddling. He's been doing this for at least three years and he's still doing it now.

This raises many questions: is it the same tesco bag? If not, how often does he invest in new one and why tesco? Does he play the same tape over and over again? What is he trying to tell us all? What sort of brainwrong results in this sort of cycopathic behaviour? Has anyone else seen or heard him?

He never comes up Mill Road...

don_quixote

Trent End
i didnt think it was so much in a tesco bag rather than in his rucksack, but yeah i've seen him. he just rides round and round and round and round the town centre every weekend.

and nah, he never goes up mill road as far as i know, he certainly prefers places where plenty of people will see him.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
on a sign out the front of a church:

"The most important vitamin for a christian: B1"

There was another church near my house which used to have such abstract phrases (cant remember any of the good ones but one which stuck was "God is the question.") on its board they were like little weekly koans - confusing and cleansing my mind each time i drove past. the place must have changed hands recently because all we get is pap like the phrase above now :(

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
A man beating the fuck out of a woman, both pissed, stepped in and she told me to "Cunting, piss off". Which I did. Waiting for a cab, they both went past in the back of a police car. Sometimes magick defends itself :)

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
The more I work, the more I realise that if I had bigger balls I would never spend anytime with most of these people ever again...

Iria

things maybe not, just a people.. exactlly- english women, big women under 30, walking down a streets in
UK... eating crips, with dirty hair, to small jeans and pink tshirt.. and laughing very loudy and feeling so proud cause she`s English.. next to her- small girl, probablly her daughter.. with a big overweight [she looks like 7- old girl only!] weared with the newst fasion desinged clothes.. sweety pink little lady starts crying, screaming thats momy is a fuc****monster cause she doesn`t want to buy her favorite cookie... :confused: Strange situation or may be we should get it as a ordinary one?
Positives.

Woebot

an improbably beautiful women dressed in 1940s clothes pushing a piano on wheels along the south bank of the thames being followed and snapped by a red-headed dwarf photographer.

you couldn't make it up.

Woebot

WOEBOT said:
an improbably beautiful women dressed in 1940s clothes pushing a piano on wheels along the south bank of the thames being followed and snapped by a red-headed dwarf photographer.

you couldn't make it up.

weirdly yesterday in grteen park tube i saw the conceptual twin to this event.

a smartly-dressed man was shouting like a drill-yard major at a shabby woman pushing her own wheelchair: "get a bloody move on mother" it was so surreally cruel as to be hilarious/bizarre.

you thought you should intervene but, really what business is it of one's and also, there was a sneaking suspicion that someone from the daily mail would leap out from behind a pillar and take your photo....

tryptych

waiting for a time
Stockwell tube, northbound northern line platform - the wall of the tube usually plastered with ads has been painted a deep shade of blue, which seems to fade down, getting darker towards the bottom (maybe due to dirt deposited on the sides?)

Anyway, the whole thing looks like a mural of a blue sky vista. Just needs a couple of whispy little clouds painted in here or there. I couldn't stop staring it while i waited for the train. Like looking over the harbour wall to the horizon on a clear day...

sufi

lala
have you noticed the tiled swan murals at stockwell? kinda abstract & hard to read until you get it ;)

benjybars

village elder.
luka said:
yeah i love those anachronistic pictures in the windows of bookmakers. the famous one is aggasi, mid-shot with that mullet and what appears to be an semi-erection.

only just found this thread and just had to confirm my love of those pics..another favourite of mine is the one of nick faldo looking really constipated..

also, my local snooker club in haringey has SERIOUSLY outdated photos of 80s snooker stars which i quite enjoy.