My plan to destroy Capitalism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

you know i love you though really. without you dissensus would be dull as dishwater.

luka

i have to go to work now. i'm hoping when i get back arsenal will be champions of europe and i'll be unable to access this board. over to you you big paranoid fatty! ;)

Reactions: sus

jenks

thread death
luka said:
i have to go to work now. i'm hoping when i get back arsenal will be champions of europe and i'll be unable to access this board. over to you you big paranoid fatty! ;)

The place will be duller without you

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
johneffay said:
I'd need references to these 'FACTS' before I could even begin to take them seriously.

Just a couple of points:

Really, so why does the fossil record show that dinosaurs got cancer?
And have you actually thought about the implications of a diet including 5000 types of fruit and vegetable, all growing within reach of one caveman?

I'd really like to see some sort of references for this, because the people with medical and biological backgrounds that I ran it past were, to put it mildly, sceptical.

craner

Beast of Burden
Don't ban Padraig. It would be a quick death for the board. What would be left? Boys arseing on about grime and a Chomsky group-brain.

• Love
Reactions: sus

Woebot

Sorry for my delay with dealings with the ructions in this thread. I've been in the country picking up a motor and also visiting my ailing grandmother. I've also been taking counsel with other key figures in Dissensus, weighing up all the options. Justice here is slow but I think descisive.

Luka needs a break from forum life and so I'm banning him for a month. I think the role of Moderator sits uncomfortably with Droid so he's going to be citizen Droid once more.

As for Padraig. All these cries for moderation! Moderate yourself Padraig! This was clearly a cheerfully dumb thread and yet you demean yourself by descending to villify the people here. I'm always honoured to greet Mark K-Punk's contigent to this board, it's an education for the rest of us, but with that almost automatic welcome to your gifts of knowledge and insight there comes the responsibility you have to other mere mortals (for instance like me) to be patient, inclusive and good-humoured. Above all to avoid pointless confrontation.

In spite of everyone bringing pressure to bear upon me to chuck you out, all I'm going to do is warn you that should this situation occur again I'll not hesitate to ban you. Not for a month, but permanently.

Padraig

Banned
WOEBOT said:
Sorry for my delay with dealings with the ructions in this thread. I've been in the country picking up a motor and also visiting my ailing grandmother. I've also been taking counsel with other key figures in Dissensus, weighing up all the options. Justice here is slow but I think descisive.

Luka needs a break from forum life and so I'm banning him for a month. I think the role of Moderator sits uncomfortably with Droid so he's going to be citizen Droid once more.

As for Padraig. All these cries for moderation! Moderate yourself Padraig! This was clearly a cheerfully dumb thread and yet you demean yourself by descending to villify the people here. I'm always honoured to greet Mark K-Punk's contigent to this board, it's an education for the rest of us, but with that almost automatic welcome to your gifts of knowledge and insight there comes the responsibility you have to other mere mortals (for instance like me) to be patient, inclusive and good-humoured. Above all to avoid pointless confrontation.

In spite of everyone bringing pressure to bear upon me to chuck you out, all I'm going to do is warn you that should this situation occur again I'll not hesitate to ban you. Not for a month, but permanently.

What "situation"??? What you say here is so ominously vague as to be meaningless.

Could you kindly spell it out, Woebot, and please stop hiding behind phantom "everyone's at me" pressures while simultaneously using them as a pretext for making further threats. Like Droid's contradictory evasions, your post is defending the RIGHT TO INSULT ["bad boy Luka, but just go stand in the corner over there for a month which you were planning to do anyway] while CONDEMNING the RIGHT OF REPLY.

Your only way out of this bind is to NOW

EITHER withdraw this ridiculous threat
OR make similar threats as those you have made above
BOTH to your fellow mod Droid [who has been indifferently hurling insults at me for the past 4 months]
AND to this mysterious, cowardly "everyone"
AND to everyone here who has ever defended themselves against abuse

[Do you imagine the world revolves around this little Dissensus forum and its self-satisfied mods with their fantasies of power? The average hacker could shut this forum down permanently while making a cuppa tea ...]

The "situation", as you call it, which is far from over, as you claim, will otherwise inevitably occur again whenever one of these fratboys has nothing better to do than hurl another insult.

["Above all to avoid pointless confrontation." Uttered in a post that then proceeds to engage in it ...][ And how about the 90% of posts here that are simply pointless ...?]

["Luka needs a break from forum life and so I'm banning him for a month". Your logic here is interesting. If he is taking a break anyway, then what is the purpose of your ban other than as an empty (negative) gesture? Worse, your Stalinist posture here is deeply disturbing and, far from solving anything merely makes the problem more acute. You are effectively saying that you can threaten to ban or actually ban anyone at any time and for no reason (to repeat: you have failed to spell out any reason above). Fabulous, Mr Ur-Father]

"Justice here is slow" You mean non-existent.

"Descisive" Indeed!!

[And whatever became of the plan to "destroy" capitalism? Not that such a plan could ever possibly generate "pointless confrontation" or anything ... just be implemented smoothly and leisurely and commonsensically - like Forrest Gump's version of history]

Last edited:

Padraig

Banned
confucius said:
damn give it a much needed rest already

Whatever do you mean by "it"? Would Woebot threatening to expel you permanently from this forum suitably calm your nerves already? Provide you with a "much needed rest"? Or is it because he hasn't yet done so that all of this is nothing more than a needless irritation?

satanmcnugget

Padraig has a point

Luka gets banned for a month, Droid is no longer a mod (which im sure happens to suit both fine)

and Padraig gets threatened with a permanent banning? without even a month suspension??

awfully chummy in here of a sudden....

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
satanmcnugget said:
Padraig has a point

Maybe so.

But Padraig has also failed to explain from where his grievence with other forum members has arisen. To others (like myself) just reading this thread it looks pretty unprovoked. If this is going to be played out in public, then Padraig, or someone, please explain to the rest of us just what it is that has annoyed you so much.

bassnation

the abyss
confucius said:
damn give it a much needed rest already

the signal to noise ratio would certainly be better if that happened.

its all very well being able to talk, but if you are pathologically unable to listen then its just preaching and no-ones going to take that forever.

its a pity, because as woebot says, hes got a lot of interesting ideas. always up for being challenged, but not insulted.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
I'm going to quietly close this thread now,
if anyone feels aggrieved or disagrees with woebot's decision then i suggest that maybe it's better to raise issue with mods directly than to have tantrums in public,
in the end i don't feel that it's really necessary or constructive for these decisions to be agonised over endlessly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.