Cycling

don_quixote

Trent End
gotta feel for vinokourov and kazahkstan

i went to watch pakistan play cricket rather than watch todays stage, got same dilemma tomorrow, but cant wait!

jenks

thread death
benjybars said:
on the plus side, however, my bet on Valverde suddenly looks a lot more appealing ;)

whoops!!!!

broken his collarbone on Day 3 - this could well be a 'last man standing' tour. Starting to feel Hincapie and Landis might be duelling down the champs in 19 days time

run_time

Dunwich Dynamo

Did anyone make the Dynamo ride? am currently suffering but also amazed by the event (people, landscape and everyone's willingness to keep on going). organisation was spot on and everyone on the ride was supportive

on a sad note, apparently there was a hit and run in which someone was killed last night

luka

yeah i done it. could have done without the rain but had a good time. i was the the blonde bespectacled one on a white ridgeback genesis wearing white reebok classics and a pair of shorts riding with his 20 yr old step brother from cameroon on a ridgeback cyclone.

very sad to hear about the man who died.

jenks

thread death
I was going to post on the heroic comeback of Floyd Landis until i saw this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

i had thought the utter unpredictable nature of le tour was down to people running drug free and therefore having to recover naturally.

i don't see what the ProTour can do - obviously 2 years ban is not enough of a punishment.

would be interesting to hear what Millar has to say about this.

benjybars

village elder.
OK OK,

last year i flopped the dynamo due to finishing uni and spending 2 months getting battered:slanted:

but this year it's all gonna be different.. i'm DEFINITELY doing it this time!

anyone else??

me and my flatmate are looking to do it fixed, although i just got a colnago frame on ebay that i might try and build up:)

jenks

thread death
OK OK,

last year i flopped the dynamo due to finishing uni and spending 2 months getting battered:slanted:

but this year it's all gonna be different.. i'm DEFINITELY doing it this time!

anyone else??

me and my flatmate are looking to do it fixed, although i just got a colnago frame on ebay that i might try and build up:)

Not doing the dynamo as i've managed to get myself on a trip to ride stage 4 of the tour and i'm then, later in the month, cycling from home to Paris to see the end of the tour.

I think doing it fixed would be mental - i'm guessing it's a decision you might regret at about 60 miles - unless you can flip it round.

A Colnago frame sounds cool. I went and got myself a Madone 5.2 in chilli red - quite the most amazing ride.

It's the Smithfield Nocturne tomorrow night which should be fun with McEwan and Millar and maybe even Wiggins turning up and then it's full steam ahead for 7/7 and the Prologue.

run_time

am looking to give the Dynamo another go after initially vowing never again after finishing last year.

Smithfield Nocturne was fun although the downpours must have left the couriers more than a little wet...

run_time

oh, and whilst the Dynamo has no huge hills the up and down nature of the landscape would make taking a fixed pretty brave imo although i definitely saw it done by a few

benjybars

village elder.
how's everyone's cycling going??

i'm semi-serious training for the dynamo... :eek:

can anyone recommend any good rides in and around london, preferably with nice tarmac?!

jenks

thread death
Went over to France last week and rode on stage four of the tour - just got up very early and followed the route before they closed the roads. Stopped 19k before the end, watched the tour come through and then rode on the closed roads with everybody hooting horns and cheering us on as we headed into Joigny. Coppers wouldn't let us do the final kilometre but overall a fantastic day.

The stage included a number of Category 4 climbs, and a number that didn't even warrant a mention despite what my legs thought!

I am riding to Paris from Southend next week - we reckon 4 days to do it.

run_time

Dunwich Dynamo

the rain definitely made it feel a bit more epic than it might otherwise particularly coming out of the feed station but was lovely to turn up at Dunwich and see the weather finally turn it on...

benjybars

village elder.
the rain definitely made it feel a bit more epic than it might otherwise particularly coming out of the feed station but was lovely to turn up at Dunwich and see the weather finally turn it on...

coming out of the feed station was one of the worst moments of my life! can't believe i made it to the beach:)

benjybars

village elder.
fuck.... can't believe it's been a year since the dynamo!

i'm doing it again this year... anyone else in???

jenks

thread death
I'm not - kinda think that maybe one year I ought to give it a go.

Am going to do London Southend which is a good route over 60 miles - will try and get ahead of the mountain bikes with their evian gaffer taped to their crossbars and push on for a time around 3 hours if the wind isn't too savage.

Am also seriously thinking about the Etape for next year. And maybe some late season sportives.

Tour starts on saturday - what are the chances fo Cav finishing the day in Yellow?

has anyone done london-brighton before

im thinking of doing it with some friends, just leisure, no time trials or nothing

ive heard of a lot of people do it, its only 50miles or so, are there pretty good cycle routes to brighton, and are there any maps about for the trip, i quite fancy just following a route and not trying to pick my way through lanes

usually for tours i go to stamfords map shop, havent given it a go yet, but will hit it up when i have a moment

benjybars

village elder.
has anyone done london-brighton before

im thinking of doing it with some friends, just leisure, no time trials or nothing

ive heard of a lot of people do it, its only 50miles or so, are there pretty good cycle routes to brighton, and are there any maps about for the trip, i quite fancy just following a route and not trying to pick my way through lanes

usually for tours i go to stamfords map shop, havent given it a go yet, but will hit it up when i have a moment

yeah London to Brighton is a piece of piss!

;)

although u must ride straight to the beach and jump in the sea... those are the rules. :)