Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling

how's everyone's cycling going??

i'm semi-serious training for the dynamo...

can anyone recommend any good rides in and around london, preferably with nice tarmac?!

Went over to France last week and rode on stage four of the tour - just got up very early and followed the route before they closed the roads. Stopped 19k before the end, watched the tour come through and then rode on the closed roads with everybody hooting horns and cheering us on as we headed into Joigny. Coppers wouldn't let us do the final kilometre but overall a fantastic day.

The stage included a number of Category 4 climbs, and a number that didn't even warrant a mention despite what my legs thought!

I am riding to Paris from Southend next week - we reckon 4 days to do it.

Default Dunwich Dynamo - whose riding?

interested in how many people are giving it a go

Quote Originally Posted by run_time View Post
    interested in how many people are giving it a go

3 hours to go!!

just had a MASSIVE pasta meal.. i'll be on a blue holdsworth track bike (couldn't get my colnago road bike together.. really hope i manage it on a fixed )

Default Dunwich Dynamo

the rain definitely made it feel a bit more epic than it might otherwise particularly coming out of the feed station but was lovely to turn up at Dunwich and see the weather finally turn it on...

Quote Originally Posted by run_time View Post
    the rain definitely made it feel a bit more epic than it might otherwise particularly coming out of the feed station but was lovely to turn up at Dunwich and see the weather finally turn it on...
    coming out of the feed station was one of the worst moments of my life! can't believe i made it to the beach

fuck.... can't believe it's been a year since the dynamo!

i'm doing it again this year... anyone else in???

I'm not - kinda think that maybe one year I ought to give it a go.

Am going to do London Southend which is a good route over 60 miles - will try and get ahead of the mountain bikes with their evian gaffer taped to their crossbars and push on for a time around 3 hours if the wind isn't too savage.

Am also seriously thinking about the Etape for next year. And maybe some late season sportives.

Tour starts on saturday - what are the chances fo Cav finishing the day in Yellow?

has anyone done london-brighton before

im thinking of doing it with some friends, just leisure, no time trials or nothing

ive heard of a lot of people do it, its only 50miles or so, are there pretty good cycle routes to brighton, and are there any maps about for the trip, i quite fancy just following a route and not trying to pick my way through lanes

usually for tours i go to stamfords map shop, havent given it a go yet, but will hit it up when i have a moment

Quote Originally Posted by rockypoppy2 View Post
    has anyone done london-brighton before

im thinking of doing it with some friends, just leisure, no time trials or nothing

ive heard of a lot of people do it, its only 50miles or so, are there pretty good cycle routes to brighton, and are there any maps about for the trip, i quite fancy just following a route and not trying to pick my way through lanes

usually for tours i go to stamfords map shop, havent given it a go yet, but will hit it up when i have a moment
    yeah London to Brighton is a piece of piss!

although u must ride straight to the beach and jump in the sea... those are the rules.

I know there's plenty of cynicism here about any sport that involves sitting down but...

Cavendish is in the pink jersey at the Giro - the first time any brit has managed the feat. He's spent the last year kicking evryone's arse and I think should be applauded - he could well be our forst ever green jersey winner on the Champs Elysee in July.

anyway, thought I'd mention it...

cavendish is seriously unbelievable. what's the record for stage victories in the tour de france?

i done london to brighton and the dynamo in the same week. they're both a piece of piss. you dont need to train. its a waste of time. although i did get very lost trying to find my way to brighton and ended up rising along the hard shoulder of whatever very fast A-road gets you to brighton. that was quite scary. so you probably need a map. it was me and my mate, we done it from his house near caledonian road, just becasue we were bored.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i done london to brighton and the dynamo in the same week. they're both a piece of piss. you dont need to train. its a waste of time. .
    you big butch bastard..

i'm on for my hat-trick of dynamos this summer.. can't wait actually cos i did the first two riding fixed gear but will have my new road bike built up for this one..

i really hope armstrong has massive crash and suffers extensive injuries on his TdF return.

9 and a half stone of british beef.
    my brother done it on a training regime of lager, skunk, kebabs and fried chicken
    i remember when i done it, you were like, yeah im going to do it, i'll see you there, then you lagged it off.