CRICKET!! breaking news, gossip, lies, whatever etc..

viktorvaughn

Interesting piece on Vaughn in Private Eye this week.

Short version: the man's a hypocrite and a shameless plugger.

Yeah just seen that, adds to me feeling he's a cock.

TMS is very well balanced otherwise.

Just found this excellent photo

article-1342200-00ead7bf00000190-334_306x398.jpg

viktorvaughn

The Champions Trophy has been really good so far. Properly enjoyed it, and tried to follow as many matches as possible. Buttler, Tredwell, Root, Anderson and Trott all v. encouraging for England. Hopefully Buttler keeps at it and can hone his game enough to take over from Prior in the test team when he retires.

benjybars

village elder.
Well that was one of the best test matches in a long, long time!

I was at Lords yesterday to watch Stokes get the fastest ever hundred by an English batsman. Touch!

hucks

Your Message Here
ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES! ASHES!

I thought I'd be bored for this one cos it's the 3rd in 2 years, but the NZ series reminded me how exciting cricket is when it's between two well matched teams, even if the quality isn't quite 2005 standard.

There was an Ashes thread a few series ago that I can't find but it had predictions in. So.

1) What will the score be?

2-1 Aus

2) Will there be anything as funny as Gary Pratt running out Ponting?

No. Nothing that funny has ever happened before or since.

3) Do you have Sky Sports?

4) Can I come round and watch?

luka

Thought this was good from barney ronny
P
erhaps, from the playing side, we have already had the golden age of T20, that moment where a generation of meticulously schooled, genuinely top-drawer Test players were allowed to expand into unorthodoxy, like the classically trained modernists who produced the great experimental art of the 20th century, before everybody forgot how to draw and just made a pile of Lego bricks or a video instead.

benjybars

village elder.
of course. everything from Barney Ronay good.

looking forward to the south africa series.

moeen to be leading wicket taker and leading run scorer (i fucking love moeen)

benjybars

village elder.
I know I'm a bit late with this but did anyone follow the Australia v India series?
Truly it was a modern classic.
India's run chase in the final test was incredible. Don't think I've every seen a batsman get hit as much as Pujara in that innings.