No dissidence allowed?

geto.blast

snap on rims
What did Hell_sd do to get banned?

Was it that last post on page one of the " Niceness is evil, or why Dissensus is shit" ?

If so that s plain silly. That gutter folk had it coming , thinking he was doing the "right" thing by proselytizing dubstep... untill the real world caught up with him.

If you re going to spend time and energy promoting something/someone at least make sure they share your values.

I want Hell_sd back , he equalizes the vibe on dissensus , keep prunning like that and you ll have a board that looks like Dubya's cabinet or as that ketamine punk was saying a "cheers" for over 35 stoners.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
He did turn quite nasty, (and completely ad hominem) especially as this matter had already been dealt with (on Gutta's own site, and on the Dubstep Forum).

But more broadly speaking, a lot of people who kept this board stuffed with decent topics or really fascinating debate have fucked off/been banned. This is not good! Certain posters said cruel things, but all the same, the downturn has been pretty appreciable. You mentioned K-Punk... my friend pointed out to me the other day that he's taken the Dissensus link of his blog...

AND: More moaning... asides from the return of Penman recently, blogs are a little bit dead-like at the moment are they not???

geto.blast

snap on rims
gek-opel said:
But more broadly speaking, a lot of people who kept this board stuffed with decent topics or really fascinating debate have fucked off/been banned./QUOTE]

yeah i was sold on this board as an awesome forum to discuss mostly obscure music.. but it seems to be congealing around nice, polite indie rock loving emo kids who cant handle a bit of grit.

i can see where someone would feel the need to curse and abuse, again hardly a reason for banning folks.

nomos

Administrator
@ geto.blast

If you've read through the two threads in question, it should be quite obvious what got Hell_SD/dubmugga banned (only for a month, btw). It's the same pointless and sometimes vile trolling that's gotten him banned from the dubstep forum several times under different aliases. Normally it's tolerable, but this time he chose the wrong time and place and he knew full well what he was doing.

Let the Gutterbreakz thing go. There's more to it than that.

And if you want to see good, thoughtful threads in the music forum, please feel free to start a few. ;)

So let's move forward...

geto.blast

snap on rims
autonomicforthepeople said:
@ geto.blast

If you've read through the two threads in question, it should be quite obvious what got Hell_SD/dubmugga banned (only for a month, btw)..

yeah "obvious" on a two bit rave board , i thought people here where a bit tougher.

seriously he was one of the only cats not posting about libraru music and indie rock.

geto.blast

snap on rims
2stepfan said:
So it's an indie rock board and a two bit rave board at the same time?

i m sure your english skills are better than that , read my posts again.

or maybe that s the fabled brit humor?

bassnation

the abyss
geto.blast said:
i m sure your english skills are better than that , read my posts again.

or maybe that s the fabled brit humor?

come on geto, your wasting valuable time whining and arguing the toss that could be better spent crafting evocative music posts that challenge the stoner status quo - what are you waiting for?

Last edited:
autonomicforthepeople said:
It's the same pointless and sometimes vile trolling that he knew full well what he was doing.

And if you want to see good, thoughtful threads in the music forum, please feel free to start a few. ;)

never pointless, hardly trolling, vile as an upsized tat for tit and not quite sure what i'm doing but can handle the consequences come what may...

...why don't you start a few good threads yourself or just start a thread ???

nomos

Administrator
HELL_SD said:
...why don't you start a few good threads yourself or just start a thread ???
Well I have posted quite a few in my day, but you're right, it's time for some more.

only approved dissidence allowed...

...ya'll can just kiss my tattooed blue arse

this place should be called con-sense-us not dis -sense-us...

...cant handle being dissed and are just conning yourselves

yeah I sense you...

...but you'll never be able to sense me

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Or as a great living Irishman once said "Die senseless"? Whilst some of the bannings/absences have left certain holes in the fabric of Dissensus, I think most will agree that the continued expulsion of Mr Polywog/Hell_SD/Dubmugga at least leaves us free of embarrassing and monomaniacal self-promotion, aggressive posturing without any evidence or coherent argument behind it, and a pathetic inability to take criticism...

swears

preppy-kei
A question:

If someone really believes in an opinion that other people take offence at, and is not just out to cause offence for the sake of it, is it really trolling?
Like if you had a perfectly polite, well behaved white-supremacist (extreme example, I know...) on the board, would you ban him?

john eden

male pale and stale
swears said:
A question:

If someone really believes in an opinion that other people take offence at, and is not just out to cause offence for the sake of it, is it really trolling?
Like if you had a perfectly polite, well behaved white-supremacist (extreme example, I know...) on the board, would you ban him?

It would depend on the context but I would probably ban him, yes. I've been through all the ins and outs of white supremacism and the various other shades of far right stuff, in polite, heated and "physical" discussions and I just can't see any benefit to rewinding all that shite on Dissensus.

Like I say, it would depend entirely on the context, but I can't think of a context where someone would roll up and see all the threads on black music, "integrated" music like dubstep/jungle etc and feel like they would have anything positive to contribute.

Having said that, the only people I have banned so far have been spambots. Oh actually no, that was that Lars Ullrich guy, who was (iirc) a dictionary definition of abusive trolling.

According to the Mods section of the Dissensus about 30 people are on a permanent ban right now, and the vast majority of these are people who showed up with spurious ipod offers.