Various - 'Gloaming' (1731-2005) [27:34]

soundslike1981

Gloaming [27:34]

http://www.arkansasrecords.net/mp3/Various_-_Gloaming_(1731-2005).mp3

Tangerine Dream “Sequent C” (1974) + Tony Conrad & Faust “The Pyre of Angus was in Kathmandu” (1971) → Mozart “Adagio for Glass Harmonica” (1791) + Arabic Chant → Chicago Underground Trio “O Sino” (1999) + Matt Anders “Heathering Blues” (2004) → Iannis Xenakis “Akrata” (1965) + Keith Jarrett “I'm Through with Love” (1999) → Penguin Cafe Orchestra “Harmonic Necklace” (1981) + Cluster “Fur Die Katz” (1971) + Steve Reich “Nagoya Marimbas” (1994) + Alan R. Splet “Space Travel with Changing Choral Textures” (1983) → Sylvie Courvoisier “Turoine” (2003) → Bjork “Ambergris March” (2005) + John Cage “Prepared Piano Concerto pt. III” (1951) + Antonio Vivaldi “Double Concerto Largo G Minor” (1780s) + Brian Eno “Lizard Point” (1982) → Low “Untitled #2” (2001) → Matthew Herbert “About This Time Each Day” (2001) + Holger Czukay “Boat-Woman-Song” (1969) → 23 Skidoo “Shrine” (1982) + Einsturzende Neubauten “U-Haft Muzak” (1983) + Bach “Air (for Organ), BWV 1068” (1731)

labrat

hot on the heels of love
lovely

listened to it last night; wondered how so many pieces would fit into 27 mins. but many of the tracks are smears of the whole.....more blurring than mixing. It's gonna be the soundtrack to a hot weekend in Manchester. Many thanks again.

soundslike1981

labrat said:
lovely

listened to it last night; wondered how so many pieces would fit into 27 mins. but many of the tracks are smears of the whole.....more blurring than mixing. It's gonna be the soundtrack to a hot weekend in Manchester. Many thanks again.

Yeah, it's a bit extreme in the "mixing"--sometimes three or I think even four tracks simultaneously. But I tried to find things that were sympathetic to each other, that somehow "fit", so hopefully it doesn't sound like a muddle. A couple of things are almost "versus" rather than "with," but hopefully it produces a positive tension.

Thanks for the thanks

polystyle

Nice & chill Sounds ,
liked the layers and
the Bach at the end just closed out the evening here
Thanks !

jenks

thread death
thanks for this - i imagine it'll be on heavy rotation for me over the next few weeks.

still playing adrift an awful lot.