Blake, or Angels in Peckham

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Happy birthday William

I bought songs of I and E last week and I struggle to penetrate it's apparent naivety.

luka

good on ya corpsey and happy birthday blake. i read the book of urizen out loud to myself today.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Have you ever read Dante? (sorta related - I guess the other sorta related guy would be Milton)

Feels particularly fraudulent reading poetry in translation but I did enjoy starting to read a translation of 'Inferno'

luka

a friend of mine is always prosthelytising for it. makes me want to read it but fuck is it dull. he said

The quest also involves a continuous and active hermeneutical practice of reading the immanent into the transcendent and the reverse. The Divine Comedy can be enjoyed in this way as the fullest expression of Western Tantra. Every gyre, turning and sphere of Hell, Purgatory and Heaven can be experienced as energy centres within our own bodies.

which makes it sound fantastic

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i like the idea of the punishments of the damned being symbolic illustrations of how dante thought they were punishing/defaming themselves in life

and although its in translation i find that the terza rima has a lot of forward momentum

also I'm a simpleton so I like a lot of rhymes