Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: name your top 10 favourite rappers ever

Has nobody mentioned Schoolly D?

Also a big fan of Sensational and always liked it when Flavor Flav took the mic...

Generally think Kool Keith is the king though.

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    by the way,several people mentioned the clipse,who are a group!
    there's pusha t and malice,and there seems to be more of them now,another 2 i think on the we got it for cheap mixtapes,which are well worth hearing btw for anyone who's into the clipse...
    I think it's safe to say that anyone who has listed them knows they're a group. It's not like Q-Tip / Phife... both Pusha and Malice are fantastic rappers. Not much point in choosing one over the other.

The 2nd mixtape is indeed incredible.
    Last edited by hint; 26-06-2006 at 07:30 PM.

what about top 10 favourite rappers from the past five or so years? doing favourite rappers ever is a bit predictable for the most part for most people. id say my fave from the past five years would be something like this:

clipse
    ying yang twins
    mike jones
    slim thug
    chamillionaire
    lil jon and the eastside boyz (okay, theyre not rappers as such, although they did used to rap more normally, but hey, theyre still hip hop)
    killer mike
    kanye west
    ludacris
    lupe fiasco/consequence (consequence isnt 'new' but he never really came out as a solo artist properly before)

id say dizzee but im not including grime/garage MCs in this. im sure theres others ive missed...

LOL @ the first response being "Devin the dude? At number one?" from the person who then put THIRSTIN HOWL in his top 10.

I wanted a luka list complete with mini essays tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I wanted a luka list complete with mini essays tbh
    I think I did one on my blog in 03 maybe. With favourite verses specified. Proper nerd post.

Gumdrops=rubberdinghyrapids btw

Tbh I'm in favour of top 10s featuring Thurstin howl over top 10s featuring the usual boring suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    LOL @ the first response being "Devin the dude? At number one?" from the person who then put THIRSTIN HOWL in his top 10.
    Fuck off Corpse, you used to willingly subject yourself to Copywrite. Thirstin Howl is fine if you like fun.

LOL You never forget, eh? As a teenage wigga I needed all the idols I could get.

I wasn't saying Thirstin Howl was shit (nor Devin the Dude). But surely he's even less likely to come up in most people's top 10s than Devin? Either of them are perfectly acceptable for a personal top 10 AFAIC.

Used to listen to a bit of Lo Life stuff like this...
    Last edited by Corpsey; 12-04-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Somewhat related to my Copywrite love of yore

This was my favourite choon for a good portion of puberty. I think I can probably recite the whole thing to this day.

Actually, as I'm listening to this I'm thinking Cage rapped in a way not dissimilar to Thirstin Howl.

TRUE STORY: In my early career as a 'netcee' () I used to exchange emails and verses with Thirstin Howl's cousin. (Or so he said, and would somebody really lie about that? )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

fave cage performance

godfather don does ok too