name your top 10 favourite rappers ever

PeteUM

It's all grist
Has nobody mentioned Schoolly D?

Also a big fan of Sensational and always liked it when Flavor Flav took the mic...

Generally think Kool Keith is the king though.

hint

party record with a siren
robin said:
by the way,several people mentioned the clipse,who are a group!
there's pusha t and malice,and there seems to be more of them now,another 2 i think on the we got it for cheap mixtapes,which are well worth hearing btw for anyone who's into the clipse...

I think it's safe to say that anyone who has listed them knows they're a group. It's not like Q-Tip / Phife... ;) both Pusha and Malice are fantastic rappers. Not much point in choosing one over the other.

The 2nd mixtape is indeed incredible.

Last edited:

gumdrops

what about top 10 favourite rappers from the past five or so years? doing favourite rappers ever is a bit predictable for the most part for most people. id say my fave from the past five years would be something like this:

clipse
ying yang twins
mike jones
slim thug
chamillionaire
lil jon and the eastside boyz (okay, theyre not rappers as such, although they did used to rap more normally, but hey, theyre still hip hop)
killer mike
kanye west
ludacris
lupe fiasco/consequence (consequence isnt 'new' but he never really came out as a solo artist properly before)

id say dizzee but im not including grime/garage MCs in this. im sure theres others ive missed...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
LOL @ the first response being "Devin the dude? At number one?" from the person who then put THIRSTIN HOWL in his top 10. :crylarf:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Tbh I'm in favour of top 10s featuring Thurstin howl over top 10s featuring the usual boring suspects.

CrowleyHead

LOL @ the first response being "Devin the dude? At number one?" from the person who then put THIRSTIN HOWL in his top 10. :crylarf:

Fuck off Corpse, you used to willingly subject yourself to Copywrite. Thirstin Howl is fine if you like fun.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
LOL You never forget, eh? As a teenage wigga I needed all the idols I could get.

I wasn't saying Thirstin Howl was shit (nor Devin the Dude). But surely he's even less likely to come up in most people's top 10s than Devin? Either of them are perfectly acceptable for a personal top 10 AFAIC.

Used to listen to a bit of Lo Life stuff like this...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Somewhat related to my Copywrite love of yore

This was my favourite choon for a good portion of puberty. I think I can probably recite the whole thing to this day.

Actually, as I'm listening to this I'm thinking Cage rapped in a way not dissimilar to Thirstin Howl.

TRUE STORY: In my early career as a 'netcee' :)() I used to exchange emails and verses with Thirstin Howl's cousin. (Or so he said, and would somebody really lie about that? :confused:)