Little Bit of British Culture gone Forever

mms

sometimes
wonk_vitesse said:
interesting point, umm, is there anything to salvage from TOTP's demise? i don't really care either but the thought of the BBC only having Jools' show as a music slot is depressing. Watching the Yeah Yeah Yeah's play on TOTP a few mths back was a zillion times more exciting than Jools' dead show.

i think the yeah yeah yeahs would be more exciting to watch than most bands if they played behind a brick wall, musically i'm not hugely into them but karen o is pretty incredible, precocious love to love you baby x 1,000 vocals horny all the time style she has, yum.
jools is quite clearly fucking awful bland civilised coca and slippers t.v. with highly 'approved' performances, nothing exciting could ever happen on it ever.

notoriousJ.I.M

bassnation said:
but if thats the case, why do formats like cd-uk still get loads of viewers when essentially they are doing a straight run-down of the charts?

cd-uk has been cancelled by ITV and replaced with the Saturday Cooks! programme they stole wholesale from BBC1. The latest news on cd-uk is that five will broadcast it in a Saturday evening slot with new presenters and no doubt it will die a death fairly quickly being head to head with the Saturday evening schedules on the beeb etc.

Is there an alternative underground totp from a parallel universe ???

for some strange reason we get it here in NZ and they seem to be pushing a lot of crap pommy guitar bands and fuck me if that presenter chick hasn't got the most annoying accent...

...is there not a grime and hiphop show that copies the format but is a bit more street and colourful

maybe hosted by warrior queen and skream :)

Rachel Verinder

pop music doesn't mean anything anymore. neither do the people who make it, or the people who present it. its unreal in the worst possible way.

absolutely, it's just noise these days, it all sounds the same, you can't tell the groups apart, can't tell if it's a man or a woman, not like in my day, dickie valentine had proper tunes, etc.