can I get ill from eating too much bacon?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Their pork culture in general has pretty dodgy roots , hams hung outside as a way to prove your Christianity and be a 'not welcome' sign to Jews and Arabs
I wonder if, at the time, Muslims and Jews got their own back on Christians by doing a similar thing with bars of soap?

catalog

Guy from my football team bought a house (on telly in fact - Homes Under the Hammer) in Crystal Palace that used to be a cat sanctuary. But it came with some land. He rebuilt the house and he kept two pigs and some ducks on his land - the ducks flew off after about two days but he had the pigs for some time and to be quite fond of them, I think he was quite sad when the time came to send them off to be made into - really delicious, I can confirm - sausages.
I've got a country mate whose dad has a smallholding and they used to keep pigs and get them slaughtered. Never had a better sausage.

But they've stopped now cos they had a massive argument with a trendy butcher, they used to put their pigs in with his for slaughter all together and ond year thd meat came back and my mates dad felt it wasn't his pigs. And then went to the butchers and bought their sausages and reckoned the crafty but her had swapped his inferior pigs for theirs!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hmmm, very hard to prove. But yeah, you have to get them slaughtered by someone licensed, you can't just slash their throat in your back garden - well, you're not supposed to.

catalog

I've seen animals being slaughtered, like I saw a goat being killed by the sikh jatka method, which is one swift blow to the neck. Always creates this weird charged atmosphere that lingers for ages.

And seen loads of chickens being beheaded, that's a bit more pedestrian, they just take the head off anc chuck the writhing body in a bucket till it calms down.