Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: best obscure Wikipedia pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Does WikiHow count as Wikipedia? I love this article:

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Dictator
    trump has at least a half-dozen of these qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    trump has at least a half-dozen of these qualities.
    But doesn't the almighty CONSTITUTION protect America from ever becoming a dictatorship? At least, that's what a great many Americans from across the political spectrum believe (is the impression I get, anyway). But how failsafe an anti-dictatorship protection device does the Constitution actually constitute, do you think?
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 19-05-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

But doesn't the almightY CONSTITUTION protect America from ever becoming a dictatorship? At least, that's what a great many Americans from across the political spectrum believe (is the impression I get, anyway). But how failsafe an anti-dictatorship protection device does the Constitution actually constitute, do you think?
    not a political scholar so can't really say, tea. let's just say that when the majority in the house and senate are right-wing GOP and the supreme court is deadlocked 4-4, a trump presidency might not have all the intended checks and balances.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    not incredibly bizarre, but the choices are interesting. I disapprovingly note that tango (and Shrimp fishing on horseback in Oostduinkerke) has made the lists, but that grime has not...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNESCO...Heritage_Lists
    At some point when I've got a spare afternoon, I'm going to start a campaign to get the British Lunchtime Pint officially recognized.

has anyone mentioned the over-complete, over-written, and frequently edited wikipedia entries about professional wresting?
    did you tronc today?

Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
    At some point when I've got a spare afternoon, I'm going to start a campaign to get the British Lunchtime Pint officially recognized.
    Let me know, I'd sign it in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by trza View Post
    has anyone mentioned the over-complete, over-written, and frequently edited wikipedia entries about professional wresting?
    Dunno, but I heard there are B-list Sonic The Hedgehog characters with Wikipedia pages longer than some countries.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

But doesn't the almighty CONSTITUTION protect America from ever becoming a dictatorship? At least, that's what a great many Americans from across the political spectrum believe (is the impression I get, anyway). But how failsafe an anti-dictatorship protection device does the Constitution actually constitute, do you think?
    Off thread but on topic, on the dangers of late-stage democracy
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ald-trump.html

Oddly enough, not a band that played the Pyramid Stage in 1996: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon_explosion