Thomas Mapfumo refused entry to UK

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
yeah they told me at the time that it would not influence my next visit,
provided i get a visa.
i decided to not go this time, but hopefully later in the summer...
and i also hope it really is 95 euros,
as on this page the cheapest option of all, Tier 5 Temporary Work, is £190!!

It's a ridiculous state of affairs huh? Glad that you'll be OK though and looking forward to it when you do come!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Joint enterprise accounts for a fair few similar convictions here too, even though strictly legally speaking, it shouldn't be used to convict someone due to their mere presence in the vicinity, as I understand it. But yeah, I'm sure the US is even more crazy and have stretched this to breaking point - they have massive quotas to meet, after all...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hunter S. Thompson took up the case of a young woman in the US who's serving a life term for 'murder' after she hooked up with some jailbird and planned to burgle her ex (a cop) by way of revenge. The guy woke up, she fled and was later picked up by some other cops but there was a struggle at the house and the cop got shot. She was tried and convicted of a murder that was committed while she was handcuffed in the back of a squad car. Apparently she didn't even know her co-burglar was packing heat, I mean it would be one thing if they'd gone there with the express intention of killing him even if she hadn't been the one to pull the trigger, but that was never the intention.

trza

It gets worse, you could get a sex crime conviction for something a friend or person you just met does. Its like you give a person a ride to a party and they do something stupid, then they come up with some ridiculous story where it was really your idea or something. Not having a good lawyer can get a regular person to enter a lousy plea deal.

Its a lot better confidence wise to be convicted of murder, you can carry yourself around like a badass bounty hunter on a motorcycle with bad hair and open carry an assault rifle just because you can. Registering as a sex offender and having your picture on the wall in various places around the neighborhood, not so much fun.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You could try convincing people you're actually a 'sexy offender', see if that gets you any cred/chicks...

zhao

there are no accidents
^^ that's simply irrational for the good of the nation itself...

i never did update you with my experience entering the UK in Feb of this year.
copied from FB:

UKBA are FUCKING CUNTS. held me up for NO REASON: "but sir, on the UKBA website it says if i am a resident of the EU (new development since last attempt 2012), i don't need a work visa for short term work less than 3 months!" "it doesn't matter, we have to look into it" And after 30 minutes, after having consulted his superior, after this minor bureaucrat, this little cunt of a man, has already said to me "ok you are lucky this time, we're going to let you in", in full knowledge of the massive hurry i was in (gig in 1 hour), as he held my passport in one hand, with the other he flipped over a stack of papers and read page after page, i swear for 5 minutes. JUST TO BE A CUNT.

trza

Tyler, The CreatorVerified account
‏@fucktyler

BASED ON LYRICS FROM 2009 I AM NOT ALLOWED IN THE UK FOR 3-5 YEARS ( although i was there 8 weeks ago) THAT IS WHY THE SHOWS WERE CANCELLED.
why did he have to leave eight weeks ago?

trza

K-pop act Oh My Girl was reportedly detained at Los Angeles International Airport and denied entry into the United States on Wednesday, Dec. 9. The eight-person girl group was held for questioning, allegedly under the suspicion of being sex workers.

“As young women, they were mistaken as ‘working women’ which has recently been a big issue in the U.S.,” the company wrote.

TMZ reports that the girls were attempting to enter the country with visitor visas, when they should have obtained performer visas -- and that this is the reason why they were stopped by U.S. Customs.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/6805720/oh-my-girl-denied-entry-into-united-states