Where have the UFOs gone?

mms

sometimes
well it's not so fake cos it's a brave, funny prank with good intentions, which makes it pretty great in my book, a nice crack in procedures.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But can it be used to keep an eye on hooded immigrant teens? Can it cause or cure cancer? And for the love of God, what is it going to do to the value of my house?!?!?!?!?! :)

zhao

there are no accidents
i bet who ever made that thing is into 90s drum'n'bass.

just finished listening to the Teaching Company's "Search for Intellegent Life". some subjective short sightedness excepted, it was for the most part pretty good. gets into the science of our galaxy, conditions for life on planets, space travel, etc. and makes a pretty good case for 1. why there HAS to be intellgent life out there and 2. why UFOS are crap.

if anyone is interested i can upload the audio book.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i bet who ever made that thing is into 90s drum'n'bass.
Haha, yeah, spot on!
just finished listening to the Teaching Company's "Search for Intellegent Life". some subjective short sightedness excepted, it was for the most part pretty good. gets into the science of our galaxy, conditions for life on planets, space travel, etc. and makes a pretty good case for 1. why there HAS to be intellgent life out there and 2. why UFOS are crap.
Sounds about right - interstellar distances are just *so* vast, it seems pretty unlikely even a civillisation much more advance than ours would ever get round to it, even assuming it lasts that long.
However there's a good case to be made for the argument that we should have at least picked up radio signals by now, if there're loads of civillisations out there at least as advanced as us - although maybe the signals are just so weak we haven't picked them up yet. I think it's pretty unlikely we're alone.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
I read a comment on Flickr from some guy who was some kind of expert who said he thought they were fake. He used a lot of big words like 'vector shaping tool', so I was pretty convinced he knew what he was talking about.

And yeah, the flying tea strainer is basically visual drum and bass.

What would other types of music look like expressed as UFOs?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And yeah, the flying tea strainer is basically visual drum and bass.

What would other types of music look like expressed as UFOs?
Ooh, I like this idea!
Epic/proggy '70s stadium rock like Zeppelin or King Crimson would be the really huuuuge mothership at the end of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.
Tool would be the crashed alien spaceship at the start of Alien.
The Death Star would have to be some kind of really nasty industrial, like mid-period Ministry.
Trance would look like the shiny 'liquid metal' spaceship from Flight Of The Navigator.