Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 436

Thread: Where have the UFOs gone?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parson View Post
    this "space fluff" is recognized by NASA

    they call these objects that are penetrating earth's atmosphere at a rate of thousands per day "house sized comets"
    Maybe because they are just house-sized comets?


    Quote Originally Posted by Parson View Post
    they are also completely invisible on infrared
    No fucking way?! A ball of ice and loose-packed rock that doesn't emit measurable amounts of infrared radiation? Why that's crazy!

  2. #32
    Parson Guest

    Default

    anything with any kind of detectable heat would show up on infrared

    any kind of comet entering the atmosphere would show up on a regular camera, and certainly infrared
    it would be a lightshow

    they also don't change direction and certainly don't escape gravity and fly in formation

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parson View Post
    i'm a very skeptical person btw. i am always encouraging my friends to read carl sagan books.

    this video freaked me out. just watch it.
    Having funnyman actor Dan Akroyd as narrator lends it that much-needed sheen of credibility.

  4. #34
    Parson Guest

    Default

    he's not narrator he just as a tacked on intro at the front where he adds his two cents about how aliens are gonna save the planet

  5. #35
    Parson Guest

    Default

    cool its on google video

    if you can ignore the bad music and bad visual effects, and stupid intro, there is a lot of fascinating ideas presented:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+for+nasa+ufos

  6. #36
    Parson Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Your definition of quantized and that used by physicists appear to diverge in all sorts of interesting ways.
    whoops "quantumized" is what he's saying

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Some of the objects filmed in the last few years make me think this is a subject more people should to be taking seriously. I don't see it happening though.

    The NASA tapes show objects which seem to move intelligently, suggesting they are not comets, space fluff or ice crystals. Like this one which banks sharply recorded by NASA STS 114:



    Even more unexplainable is the footage the Mexican Air Force released in 2004. They tracked 11 objects with heat sensitive cameras, radar and all sorts of other technical wizardry pokery, and held a press conference announcing that these things were indeed UFOs. The Russians, French and Iranians have all acknowledged they have UFOs in their airspace too. You can see the Mexican UFOs here:



    The US response, to some of the most skilled pilots in the Mexican Air Force videotaping these objects out at sea, recorded flying at speed with incredibly sophisticated cameras was, the Mexicans were mistakenly filming 'swamp gas.'

    Only in the field of UFO research can people get away with debunking such things as space fluff and swamp gas, without any proof. Because there are so many crackpots making claims about UFOs, really interesting credible evidence doesn't stand a chance of being taken seriously.

    If these objects filmed by NASA STS 75 were comets, ice particles or indeed space fluff, we should be worried. Because some of these things, measured against the 12 mile long tether they were filmed passing behind, were approximately 3 miles wide:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...asa+ufo+sts+75

    As far as I know no one has been able to come up with any explanation as to what these huge pulsing objects were. Probably just swamp gas though. Not to worry.

    But by far and away the most interesting thing in this field is the Disclosure Project. I tried to get some discussion going on it here:

    http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=4946

    I'll say it again here though. Why would this group of 400 astronauts, ex military, CIA, NASA and Lockheed Martin types say all this stuff apout UFOs and surpressed technology if they didn't believe it? That's the kind of thing that ruins careers. I have no explanation for any of the weird things seen in our skies, an I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories and am totally ready to accept a good explanation. But I for one believe these guys at the Disclosure Project believe they are telling the truth.

    http://video.google.com/videosearch?...e+project&so=0

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MATT MAson View Post
    Some of the objects filmed in the last few years make me think this is a subject more people should to be taking seriously. I don't see it happening though.

    The NASA tapes show objects which seem to move intelligently, suggesting they are not comets, space fluff or ice crystals. Like this one which banks sharply recorded by NASA STS 114:



    Even more unexplainable is the footage the Mexican Air Force released in 2004. They tracked 11 objects with heat sensitive cameras, radar and all sorts of other technical wizardry pokery, and held a press conference announcing that these things were indeed UFOs. The Russians, French and Iranians have all acknowledged they have UFOs in their airspace too. You can see the Mexican UFOs here:



    The US response, to some of the most skilled pilots in the Mexican Air Force videotaping these objects out at sea, recorded flying at speed with incredibly sophisticated cameras was, the Mexicans were mistakenly filming 'swamp gas.'

    Only in the field of UFO research can people get away with debunking such things as space fluff and swamp gas, without any proof. Because there are so many crackpots making claims about UFOs, really interesting credible evidence doesn't stand a chance of being taken seriously.

    If these objects filmed by NASA STS 75 were comets, ice particles or indeed space fluff, we should be worried. Because some of these things, measured against the 12 mile long tether they were filmed passing behind, were approximately 3 miles wide:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...asa+ufo+sts+75

    As far as I know no one has been able to come up with any explanation as to what these huge pulsing objects were. Probably just swamp gas though. Not to worry.

    But by far and away the most interesting thing in this field is the Disclosure Project. I tried to get some discussion going on it here:

    http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=4946

    I'll say it again here though. Why would this group of 400 astronauts, ex military, CIA, NASA and Lockheed Martin types say all this stuff apout UFOs and surpressed technology if they didn't believe it? That's the kind of thing that ruins careers. I have no explanation for any of the weird things seen in our skies, an I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories and am totally ready to accept a good explanation. But I for one believe these guys at the Disclosure Project believe they are telling the truth.

    http://video.google.com/videosearch?...e+project&so=0

    There is some theory about flashing lights and so called 'earth lights' and yes it has boiled down to things such as energies built up by tectonic strain without an actual earthquake, alot of ufo sightings have shown to be in or around the times of tectonic activity. Other sightings have shown to have quantum-like qualities, so they look like they are reacting to human view or behaving oddly, when they are perhaps just collapsing, or macro quantal events.

    The problem with ufo groups and research etc is as you have pointed out, no one is willing to take it seriously, and there are so many groups and communities out there who agree and disagree, but nothing official etc to be said.
    There is so much chat of information and disinformation etc, famous conspiracy theorist and writer of 'behold a pale horse' william cooper came out later and said that the stuff he was fed on ufo's was disinformation etc.. bt then he gave some credence to the protocols of elders of sion and all that shit.

    I imagine alot of these so called ufo groups, like any undergrond organisation have one member and his dog too, and are hard to keep track of due to their clandestine nature, much like another topic on the list of disclosure project people, free energy.
    Most of the people who have ever claimed to have the key to free energy have kept it under wraps, or are simply lying, do you remember the strange story of the free energy cult in switzerland, all this is a shame and i agree the disclosure project seems like an interesting development in one way.
    Last edited by mms; 19-12-2006 at 10:49 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Ah yes, Methernitha in the town of Linden, Switzerland. Exactly the type of nutjobs who provide great straw men to knock over, as is Mr Cooper. I found a copy of that book - he was claerly not a well guy. I loved the cover though!

    This is what it comes down to really. UFOs are always going to attract allsorts of people, and so they are always going to be discredited, until one lands on the White House lawn as somone put it earlier in this thread.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MATT MAson View Post
    Ah yes, Methernitha in the town of Linden, Switzerland. Exactly the type of nutjobs who provide great straw men to knock over, as is Mr Cooper. I found a copy of that book - he was claerly not a well guy. I loved the cover though!

    This is what it comes down to really. UFOs are always going to attract allsorts of people, and so they are always going to be discredited, until one lands on the White House lawn as somone put it earlier in this thread.
    yes it's impossible to read but then now he's seen as a hero of a certain type of 'true american' read conspiratorial gun nut, because of the way he died, the dude was a long time radio broadcaster etc as well.
    sometimes the nutjobs are as interesting a part of the story as the actual story though, what drives and motivates that sort of behavour.

    without trying to discredit the genuine research and interest people have in the phenomenon. Like anything else, someone finds a way to make money out of the things people must believe in and like alot of these things, people work out ways to make alot of cash out of them by doing not really very much.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    Like anything else, someone finds a way to make money out of the things people must believe in and like alot of these things, people work out ways to make alot of cash out of them by doing not really very much.
    Good point. I for one would like a Disclosure Project t-shirt.

  12. #42
    Parson Guest

    Default

    lets talk crops

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795

    Default

    nah lets talk

    AREA 51



  14. #44
    Parson Guest

    Default

    crop circles are way more interesting than stealth fighter test flights

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parson View Post
    crop circles are way more interesting than stealth fighter test flights

    http://strangeattractor.co.uk/fieldguide/

    try this from guys who make em and have a huge knowledge of the crop circle making scene

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •