Mice

crackerjack

My parents have an habitual mouse problem, which they've always cured by getting cats. But, the latest one is a prodigious hunter, but with a sappy pacifist streak. He always lets them go alive - result, the cat is now a net importer of mice and they've had to put traps down all over the place.

STN

sou'wester
My cat only killed a mouse because it ate from her bowl under her nose. They used to eat all her food when she wasn't around the useless little so and so. I had a mouse problem that was solved with expanding foam and old-school traps. Bait them with peanut butter. You may feel guilty at your first kill, but then the bloodlust will be upon you and you will start building their corpses into an altar to Thor.

mos dan

fact music
You may feel guilty at your first kill, but then the bloodlust will be upon you and you will start building their corpses into an altar to Thor.

After what they did to my jamon iberico, I would quite happily visit terrible, Old Testament style vengeance on the little fuckers. Or Old Norse vengeance.. any kind of old-skool vengeance really.

I heard that the problem with most poisons is that mouse populations in large cities become immune to them after a while, so the poison-mongers have to keep refining the poison recipes to stay one step ahead, and keep the poisons fatal.

It's basically *COUGH COUGH* a game of cat and mouse.

Dusty

Tone deaf
One of my childhood memories is staying round a friends house (big old mansion) and staying up all night armed with air rifles and pistols, picking off mice. The pistols were too weak and only stunned them. Air rifle shot to the head did the job. Execution style.

sufi

lala

this is a bad bad bloodthirsty thread grisly and grim

I have transplanted 6 nice mice into my shed in the past 6m (caught in a humane trap outside our flat, the allotment is the other side of the river, so i hope they can't find their way back), but i don't see any sign they are tidying up

i'm gonna set up a camera and see what they are getting up to

sufi

lala
"Mice are not, as is commonly assumed on Earth, small white squeaking animals who spend a lot of time being experimented on. In fact they are hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings who are searching for the ultimate question. It is this search that led to the creation of the Earth."

mixed_biscuits

I have transplanted 6 nice mice into my shed in the past 6m (caught in a humane trap outside our flat, the allotment is the other side of the river, so i hope they can't find their way back), but i don't see any sign they are tidying up

i'm gonna set up a camera and see what they are getting up to
You could catch the birth of the shed seven.

luka

In the summer of 1947, fieldwork was done at Duchy Quarry in Glamorgan in southern Wales. Grey conglomerate that formed fissure fill deposits within karstic voids in Carboniferous limestone was extracted. In 1949, Walter Georg Kühne noted the lower cheek tooth of a primitive mammal while examining samples of the rock. He named it Morganucodon watsoni, with the genus name being derived from Morganuc, which Kühne stated was the name of South Glamorgan in the Domesday Book, with the species name being in honour of D. M. S. Watson.[2] Additional remains of M. watsoni were described by Kühne in 1958.[3] Also in 1958, Kenneth Kermack and Frances Mussett described additional remains from Pant Quarry, about a mile from Duchy Quarry, that had been collected in 1956.[4] In August 1948, an expedition to Lufeng in Yunnan, China yielded a 1 in (2.5 cm) long skull. It was shortly sent to Beijing (then Peking) and then eventually sent out of China, and deposited with Kenneth Kermack at University College London in 1960. The specimen was preliminarily described in 1963 by Harold W. Rigney, who noted the similarity to Morganucodon from Britain, and considered it cogeneric, naming the new species Morganucodon oehleri in honor of the reverend Edgar T. Oehler, who had originally collected the specimen.[5] In 1978 C. C. Young described Eozostrodon heikuopengensis from the Hei Koa Peng locality near Lufeng, based on an associated skull and dentary, as well as a right maxilla and associated dentary.[6] A revision by William A. Clemens in 1979 assigned this species to Morganucodon, based on its close similarity to the two previously named species.[4] In 1980 Clemens named the species Morganucodon peyeri, from isolated teeth found in Late Triassic (Rhaetian) deposits near Hallau, Switzerland, with the species being named after paleontologist Bernhard Peyer.[7] In 1981, Kermack, Mussett and Rigney published an extensive monograph on the skull of Morganucodon.[8] In 2016 Percy Butler and Denise Sigogneau-Russell named the species Morganucodon tardus from an upper right molar (M34984) collected from the Watton Cliff locality near Eype in Dorset, England, dating to the late Bathonian stage of the Middle Jurassic. The species being named after the Latin tardus, late, in reference to it being the youngest member of the genus.[9]