Painting

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905)

d3f0e030d18888c736165eca56ed5c08.jpg

Not a fan of Bouguerau's kitsch classicism but this has an uncanny valley effect that I find quite striking

luka

I thought fuck it I'll treat myself to a day off today so I I took sone drugs and went to the national gallery. It is amazing actually. I go. .. fairly often. .. but you get to that room of Rembrandts... me, tripping, allowed to breathe over this Rembrandts. .. I'm wonder if this will always be possible. Something tells me maybe not. Go now while you have the opportunity

luka

Then I took myself off to a Japanese restaurant on coptic street. Very nice. Little treat. £50 to take myself out to dinner. Mad really but so what I liked it. Then I took a boat back to Greenwich

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
D4Q5io3W4AIDtT_.jpg

chill october by john everett millais (1870)

i hope to sit there once. with hands like claws, and knees twisted like the old thorn-trees

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I thought fuck it I'll treat myself to a day off today so I I took sone drugs and went to the national gallery. It is amazing actually. I go. .. fairly often. .. but you get to that room of Rembrandts... me, tripping, allowed to breathe over this Rembrandts. .. I'm wonder if this will always be possible. Something tells me maybe not. Go now while you have the opportunity

As a solitary soul the best 'thing' about living in London is almost incontestably the galleries/museums. The craziest thing is most of them are completely free to walk into and around. It's probably less mindboggling if you've lived in London all your life. No other city in the UK and not relatively few on the planet can compare.

What other galleries need to be visited worldwide? Aside from the Louvre.

luka

I've been to Paris loads (because I hate travelling so much I tend to keep going back to the same places to reduce the stress and irritation) but I've never been to the Louvre.

luka

One of my old friends is a painter and he seemed most impressed with the Prado, the Rijksmuseum (or however you spell it... Been Amsterdam a few times, never made it outside the coffee shops though. Have no idea what the place looks like) and, Ghent, some place in Ghent.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam is great, and the Van Gogh museum. Bonus points cos you're in Amsterdam so you can walk around stoned out of your skull and have a mushroom trip after in the park. :cool::cool::cool:

luka

I've tried Tate Modern on acid and it doesn't work curiously. National gallery works great. Tate Britain works pretty good too. Tate modern is sort of a fake gallery.

DLaurent

Apparently a fav in National Gallery. Brought to my attention through Chris Watson. I can see the musical/soundscape quality.

N-6574-00-000061-WZ-PYR.jpg
Lake Keitele - Akseli Gallen-Kallela

DLaurent

Joaquín Sorolla - Sad Inheritance, 1899. Crippled children bathing at the sea in Valencia; in the center the image of two children affected by polio (Bancaja Collection).

Triste_herencia,_por_Joaquín_Sorolla.jpg

The Spanish master of light. Similar to the ending of Cobra Verde?