favourite headline ever

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The front of the daily star today is amazing. picture of Kevin Keegan next to the headline: SORRY KEV, YOU'RE TALKING SHIT: and here's ten reasons why, in reference to his comments about the premiership being boring.

At least they had the decency to include a pre-emptive apology.

I'd love to see an article in the same format in the Guardian about some politician's comments on climate change or international terrorism.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
Can believe no one's had HITLER MADE ME DO IT from the front of the Sun on friday. Casual europhobia, barrowboy humour and brutal condensation of a multifaceted story combine, for once, into a moment of true genius. I almost wet myself laughing in Sainsburys.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
On the front of today's Star or NotW or one of those shiterags the headline was TAKEAWAY PSYCHO MADE TRAMP KEBABS. Now I really don't see what the problem is here: surely a tramp is as entitled to kebabs as anyone? Must make a nice warm treat if you're sleeping rough, I'd have thought...

craner

Beast of Burden
I still remember the Evening Standard last June, during the floods, to Londoners, one afternoon:

PREPARE TO FLEE

Fuck, man! I live in a low part of Vauxhall, was terrified, took my Wellington Boots to bed!

The water receded the next day, and now Boris Jonson is in charge.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
On TV they use keyword matching to have adverts that in some way relate to the content of the programs, I wonder if that's what happened there. You get that sort of thing with google ad-nonsense quite a bit too of course.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"You get that sort of thing with google ad-nonsense quite a bit too of course."
Oh yeah, I read about the BNP website that was getting loads of adverts for Islamic dating services and the like due to the amount of time they spent discussing the evils of Islam and the threat to the west.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
mos dan said:
"Communist-Tory-Labour-Libdem Alliance Reveals its Ugly Face" ran a headline on the BNP website recently.

Hahaha, no really? Actually I'm disappointed, they could have shoe-horned al-Qa'eda in there as well...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I have developed a mild obsession with this news story. It's not such a great headline but it's just such a weird item. Mr Sleigh? Who says things like 'turning the air blue'? And the way it's reported so matter-of-fact by BBC News. It's like a strange acknowledgment by a big news agency that there is a weird parallel world of signs and omens and birds returning as crisps.

Grotesque and magical: Sold parrot returns - as a crisp http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6726715.stm