Bizarre SP*M email titles and content

IdleRich

IdleRich
"re the nigerian royalty scams, have you heard of scambaiters? i'll try and dig the link out.. they are a website that do exactly what they sound like they would do."
Oh aye, I know the guys you mean, they reply and get into stupid correspondence with them, leading them on and saying that they'll send the money soon but first they need just one more photo of the emailer with the world "bell-end" tattooed on his head.

I've had several faux-topical ones lately

Obama suffers horror car crash
Powerful earthquake has been detected around your city
Escape artist gets caught shopping
World's stock market crumble as Bill Gates announces illness
Poison outbreak grips prison, 27 inmates dead
Oil prices will cause World War III

These all arrived in the space of a few minutes 3 days ago.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've had several faux-topical ones lately

Obama suffers horror car crash
Powerful earthquake has been detected around your city
Escape artist gets caught shopping
World's stock market crumble as Bill Gates announces illness
Poison outbreak grips prison, 27 inmates dead
Oil prices will cause World War III

These all arrived in the space of a few minutes 3 days ago.

I had one saying "Tom Cruise killed in plane crash". Well, we can dream...

tom pr

i looked at my spam folder yesterday, to find DOG DIGS GRAVE FOR OWNER.

i wanted to open it, but i'm shook that it'll be some sort of ringu-type thing where once i open it, i have seven days until the dog digs my grave.

mms

sometimes
this is a gorgeous stretch of the imagination

Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555 Misau Street
PMB 437 Garki, Abuja, FCT
NIGERIA

Dear Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account for subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager

mos dan

fact music
is that last one a short story by kodwo eshun? Amazing.

This is pretty dark for an email subject:

"Mandela found dead on birthday"

what's the obsession with killing 'celebrities' in spam? it's like the rumours of celeb death that would always go around reading festival when i was a kid.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
mms said:
[millionaire African in space story]

Wow...that is definitely the most, er, ambitious spam story I've heard! Very poignant too - reminds me of 'Space Oddity'.

gabriel

The Heatwave
two good ones this morning

- Blair: Im Not Gay, Thats Just My Accent

- Paris Hilton Initially Denies Having Inverted Nipples

mms

sometimes
is that last one a short story by kodwo eshun? Amazing.

This is pretty dark for an email subject:

"Mandela found dead on birthday"

what's the obsession with killing 'celebrities' in spam? it's like the rumours of celeb death that would always go around reading festival when i was a kid.

yes it's almost worth asking him for more details then offering him a publishing contract for his short story.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
beget chatham serum

surrender and sundial? ga, regressive even.
guillotine continuity serum reynolds equipotent serum, rhinoceros
copeland sundial bartend meaty caste.

continuity marble.

sufi

lala
egyptian spectroscopy

from: Alexander Knight <CalvinegyptianDunn@startrek.com> 00:32 (9 hours ago)
to: sufi
date: 29 Jul 2008 00:32
subject: egyptian spectroscopy

nat fashion millie

gallus egyptian her? surrey, loren revisionary.
egyptian responsive five revisionary alma headache, headache
calcify balled fashion five egyptian.

liable focal.

sufi

lala
from: Wiley Strong <NorrisviburnumEnglish@fisstate.org> hide details 06:49 (5 hours ago)
to: sufi
date: 31 Jul 2008 06:49
subject: navigate escalate

trample hierarchy ethic

monotreme phosphoresce trample? escalate, calisthenic amherst.
hickory shari errand fontaine recess lise, skindive
incisive monotreme escalate navigate monotreme.

hierarchy errand.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
subject: navigate escalate

trample hierarchy ethic

monotreme phosphoresce trample? escalate, calisthenic amherst.
hickory shari errand fontaine recess lise, skindive
incisive monotreme escalate navigate monotreme.

hierarchy errand.

I'd love it if spam emails lead to a beat poetry revival.

crackerjack

Car bombs kill hundreds in Washington

Bush accidentally starts war with Iran.

Both seem quite plausible to me - dunno how the filter knew.

Transpontine

history is made at night
I look through my spam every day, as quite a few genuine emails end up there. I often think someone should be doing a chart of cultural trends - spam as the darkside of the collective unconscious. It all comes down to:

1. your dick is too small.
2. you can have lots of money for nothing.
3. you want to see someone famous with no clothes on.
4. you're the first person to know some celebrity secret (x is dead, y fucks donkeys, z forgot to put thier underwear on - see also 3 above).