Shanty House - a new night (London) starts Fri 3rd November 06

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah, i really wanted to get into the PA system and raise it up a bit for my set... it did sound quiet.

partly that's playing from a laptop, but we needed a bit more leeway on the mixer levels because it was punched up right to the top for matt's set and that left me with nowhere to go, really, other than into the gains, which can make the whole thing distort horribly.

a better PA would be very much appreciated.

will know for next time and have a word with the sound guy. i actually like playing from a laptop, so will do it again.

yeah, a dancefloor would be good. i totally agree.

tetine, i liked at the beginning, but toward the end i found them a bit "peaches".

anyway, glad a lot of people liked it. i had fun. hooked up with people i haven't seen for ages, gave luka a decent send-off and would be happy to do it again.

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Is this happening again in December. Thought it was a great night out first time round :)

I guess the night on 3/11 was a pilot...I'm looking to kick it off as a regular from next Feb. Anyone with good venue contacts, drop me a line. Rich Mix on Bethnal Green Rd is a possibility though I'm not sure about that place

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Did this night ever happen again? S'pity if not.

What with reading about Zhao's brilliant-sounding genre-bending night in Berlin, I think London could do withits very own Shanty House nights!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Still need some headz to join me on this - Rich Mix are very into doing the night (seems to tick their boxes), but have too many things on to go it alone:rolleyes:

Maybe could hook up with the Woofah people?